Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And out of the ashes of the strut bar disaster arises...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And out of the ashes of the strut bar disaster arises...

A hero for all ages!

Ok so here is the deal, several months back I ran across a pretty good deal from a california company for the Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar for Z31's. I kinda sat on the idea for a while since at the time I didn't really have money to do much with anyway. I was quite tempted to get some of the no name bars since they looked like a decent construction but was delighted that I had not been hasty since so many have had terrible experiences with them...so last week I checked back on the link I had bookmarked several months earlier, and to my dismay, the price has dropped almost $15 dollars off of the already fairly low price!

I felt compelled to jump on the chance right away, however I did not want to screw anyone over by posting a link and having the product be shit or having trouble with the company. I must say up front, it's the real thing, a great product and shipment was only about 1 week from Cali. $159 shipped to my door is the best price I've seen so far so please take advantage of this info quickly in case they decide to change the price. I have chosen to post this link on Z31performance.com before Z31.com to give the elites a chance to grab theirs before the masses. please don't post about it on Z31.com at least for a couple days, I want to give our members a chance to grab the first stock. Enjoy!

http://www.intakeone.com/Cusco/OS_St...Sstrutbars.htm

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one.

Comment

Very good deal! Looks hot, how do you like it?

I'm still confused as to why mine didn't come with the "Cusco" etching on the bar, yet it came with the tag and plastic bag and everything else.

Comment

sexy

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

it's going to be difficult to tell how much it's actually doing until I get a dry day down here which as it seems may not be for another week However I have run into a problem mounting mine...it hits one of my intercooler pipes...the one going to the throttle body...I have my cucso spaced up a bit with some washers until I can get my compressor bracket off so I can move that hose a bit. Here are some pics of what I am running into...

Oh and by the way here is a good price for a rear bar in case anybody wants one of those too...it was posted a while ago on Z31.com

http://www.projectnissan.com/shoppin...&idproduct=740

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
          1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
          1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
          2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
          2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I'm still confused as to why mine didn't come with the "Cusco" etching on the bar, yet it came with the tag and plastic bag and everything else.
            Same here..

I did buy my front/rear from Projectnissan.com
            Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
            Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
            http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: it's going to be difficult to tell how much it's actually doing until I get a dry day down here which as it seems may not be for another week However I have run into a problem mounting mine...it hits one of my intercooler pipes...the one going to the throttle body...I have my cucso spaced up a bit with some washers until I can get my compressor bracket off so I can move that hose a bit. Here are some pics of what I am running into...
              Yeah, that seems to have been a common problem for a long time. Al Dunbar (AL87T) used to sell lots of Z31 products under his DMS Tuning title. I remember one of the early complaints was that his strut bar would not work with his intercooler piping

Looks like you can fix it pretty easily by removing that 50lb iron A/C bracket. Those things are a royal pain to get off on turbo cars, there's a bolt that is damn near impossible to get to. Maybe you can just hit it with an angle grinder for now?

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: it's going to be difficult to tell how much it's actually doing until I get a dry day down here which as it seems may not be for another week However I have run into a problem mounting mine...it hits one of my intercooler pipes...the one going to the throttle body...I have my cucso spaced up a bit with some washers until I can get my compressor bracket off so I can move that hose a bit. Here are some pics of what I am running into...

Oh and by the way here is a good price for a rear bar in case anybody wants one of those too...it was posted a while ago on Z31.com

http://www.projectnissan.com/shoppin...&idproduct=740
                Man, what a hassle

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

You know what a real hassle is? I made my intercooler piping before did the coilovers and bought the Cusco. I knew of the issue lots of people had and didn't want any clearance issuses so that's why there's that one last bend before the throttle body. I should have had someone measure for me, because I could have probably made that last section of piping prefectly straight! DOH.

Comment

I got mine today. Looks great and this one has the etching in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X