Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 wheels on your 84-85

Hi guys

I have a 1985 slicktop and i was noticing on the NZ Auction Website trade me a few sets of Z32 wheels popping up at quite good prices $170 USD for a buy now price.I understand these wheels are 7.5" wide and 16" I know MikeZ had these on his 84 slicktop and they looked pretty good im just not sure about the look of a set of these on my blue car but i do like the wheels. What do you guys thinK?
    And with stock ride height suspension will these diffierent wheels affect tire wear with the camber and wider tires ? on a 7.5" rim would 225 or 235 wide tires be suitable

here is my cars pic just for reference
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

Wow, 85 turbo slicktop. Is that an auto or manual? Very nice either way.

I really enjoyed the way the z32tt wheels looked. Keep in mind that I had to use 1 inch wheel adaptors on all 4 or else the inner tire would hit the strut tube in the front and the control arm in the rear. I also had to roll my rear fenders because I was using a larger size tire in the rear, but you shouldn't have a problem is you are using the stock size.

The z32na wheels are 16x7.5 on all 4.
    The z32tt wheels are 16x17.5 on the front and 16x8.5 on the rear.

BlueThunder on z31.com has pretty much the same color Z as yours with z32tt wheels installed. Look at the 3rd car down: http://wheelshow.redz31.com/wheelshow16.html

Comment

Hi Mike

Its my very rare Turbo manual in fact im not evn sure there is another like it in NewZealand especailly in 2 seater.The TT wheels being 8.5 wide with a stock size tire they shouldn't hit anything providing i use the 1" spacers ?...thats handy to know

I love my slicktop because its so diffierent among all the other z31's
      85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

Yeah, very nice.

Yep, 1 inch adaptors and you should be good.

Comment

thanks very much mike i was going to get a set of N/A wheels it seems but knowing what i know now i might hold out for TT wheels 8)
          85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

Working...
          X