No announcement yet.

Z31 Cusco STB Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88sinZ wrote: Now, Intake 1 is cheap, but it's a ricer website, and after talking to them on the phone, they're going to be real douchebags to deal with on this.
    Heh, thought I had to chime in on this. When I bought my Cusco bar from Intake 1 everything was smooth as ice. I didn't even talk to anyone, just went through their online. The only time I talked to someone was when I called in to find out how many they had left.

Just because they sell "rice" doesn't mean they're a bad business.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's nice but i'd rather have the one that Firehawk is working on that is adjustable. I'll see if in the next few days if I can get him to post pics.

Maybe if I get the word out for him i'll get one for free!!

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: That's nice but i'd rather have the one that Firehawk is working on that is adjustable. I'll see if in the next few days if I can get him to post pics.

I was not aware he was even making one. Is it going to be similar to the DMS bars Al used to make? That's awesome.

Comment

if i had not bought on of those non fitting knock offs i might be able to afford one!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
            Originally posted by Damian_Z31
            That's nice but i'd rather have the one that Firehawk is working on that is adjustable. I'll see if in the next few days if I can get him to post pics.

I was not aware he was even making one. Is it going to be similar to the DMS bars Al used to make? That's awesome.
            wow I had a DMS bar when it came out!
            Gone - 1988 Shiro
            2004 BMW 330Ci
            2005 BMW 330i
            1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
            http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

...about the cusco. I put it on my car and the few squeeks the car had disappeared. I also noticed better steering response. But hell, I got it more for looks anyhow, it's sweet looking!

2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

so do we get in through this thread or do we have to email him for it to be official

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: so do we get in through this thread or do we have to email him for it to be official
                  bump, im down

i tried emailing him the other day, no response yet

Comment

I would like to get one but I do not know if it will clear my I/C piping :?

Can someone take measurements from the bottom of the STB to the top of the valve cover where they cross?

Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                    1986 300zx Turbo
                    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

What's the status on this group buy?

Comment

Are there any details on this strut bar Firehawk is working on?
                        I'd like to know what he's doing that would intrest me in his Bar over the Cusco unit. :?:

Otherwise it's just a matter of where/when do I need to send the money.

Comment

Showaski39 wrote: What's the status on this group buy?
                          Still in-process. We need to get a count here for a little bit of time (so people can see the thread) so MSA knows how many to order.

Comment

Jason- I just thought of something... Does your phenolic spacer create any clearance issues between the bar and the top of the plenum? I know its only 3/8 of an inch but there doesn't seem to be much clearance on the ones Ive seen pictures of.

I thought I already posted this but... I am in for one provided the clearance wont be an issue.
                            Just stand back and throw money.
                            Performance costs money.
                            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: Jason- I just thought of something... Does your phenolic spacer create any clearance issues between the bar and the top of the plenum? I know its only 3/8 of an inch but there doesn't seem to be much clearance on the ones Ive seen pictures of.

I thought I already posted this but... I am in for one provided the clearance wont be an issue.
                              Nope. The cusco strut bar rides extremely close to the hood (mine even hits the hood in one spot). With the spacer installed there's still almost half an inch of clearance; more than enough for engine movement even with stock isolators.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                                Originally posted by Damian_Z31

I didn't want to hurt the group buy, which is why I have not posted anything, but since several have asked...

Mine has a turnbuckle in the middle that helps in two ways:
                                1) installation: As old as our cars are, there will be a but of flex over time, and slotted holes only allow for a limited amount of movement.

2) strength: the turnbuckle allows the bar to be placed in tension, which makes it stronger and more effective.

My bar also fits all years, but I have not tried it with a spacer. I guess I will have to take a pic, but the one I have is a prototype (it was cut and welded on many times). The production version will look much nicer. Actually, I don't remember what the dms bar looked like.
                                Chuck Stong
                                300+ Parts and Performance owner
                                http://www.300-plus.com
                                2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                                X