Z31 Cusco STB Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z31 Cusco STB Group Buy

I was contacted by Abe a little while ago about a Group Buy MSA is doing for the Cusco OS Strut tower bar.

The price they are shooting for is a mere $150 SHIPPED!.
    EDIT:This is the price for each unit, either front or rear bar. Both should be under $300 shipped..
    Deadline has not yet been set.

If you are interested, post here. He needs a final count to get the bulk purchase price from Cusco directly. Once we have a final price you will be able to call MSA and place your order.

In case you were not familiar with the cusco, here is a picture of my engine bay for reference:

how long until the order needs to be in. my money won't be free until uncle sam pays me back.

Comment

Meh. What the hell... I guess I can throw another $150 on the old' cred card.

I'll justify it as a holiday expense. :wink:

Comment

Find out how much to ship here and i'm down lol
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

this is the group buy that TBO started after some discussions on z31 chat and decided to have. He talked with a few different companies for prices etc.. on them, and decided to go with MSA due to price/customer service. There are a couple posts reguarding this group buy on z31.com... So don't let MSA take credit for coming up with this
          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

I'm highly intrested. I've been wanting a Cusco strut bar for the longest.

Comment

30% highly considering, 70% in already

need a lil backround:
              how would it work? some sort of code or number entered or given to a MSA rep? since its through a company im shure we wouldnt have to pool funds.

whats the issue ive heard about 84-86 bolt pattern? and the 87-89 bolt pattern? *prolly confusing this with the S13 set up :P

ETA of deal closing?

only color for tower plates? dang corporate colors!

:arrow: :idea: deal for the rears too?? :idea:

Comment

300zxt wrote: Find out how much to ship here and i'm down lol
                I can definately recommend these as I have one on my car.

You may want to try http://www.rhdjapan.com or http://www.perfectrun.com.au to source yours as I got mine for AU$206 landed from Perfectrun and took under 1 week to get here.

Comment

I'm in for one
                  1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

hmm, has anyone mentioned how long the pricing would be honored?

is this just for the front no rear available to purchase??
                    Gone - 1988 Shiro
                    2004 BMW 330Ci
                    2005 BMW 330i
                    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

taken from z31.com..

Subject:Cusco Group Buy update

By: THE BIG ONE on Dec 18 2006 5:20PM

Alright, I called several companies:

Here's the pricing so far, including shipping:

Motorsport Auto: $158 - Shipment in Mid January
                      Intake 1: $155 - Shipment in Mid January
                      Project Nissan: $153 - Shipment in Mid January
                      Upgrade Motoring: $168 - Order shipment from Japan only AFTER order placed with Upgrade Motoring

Now, Intake 1 is cheap, but it's a ricer website, and after talking to them on the phone, they're going to be real douchebags to deal with on this.

Project Nissan has a nice price; however, they're Japanese and seemed kind of confused when I explained what was happening. They also claimed they couldn't do better than what was on the site ($154 shipped).

Upgrade Motoring were complete retards who had zero in stock, wanted money up front from one person, and only afterwards would they order their stock.

It looks like MSA it is. $4 more, but it's well worth it for the simplicity and hassle-free arrangements.

Additionally, after talking to Abe, he's going to talk to his manager and see if he can accomidate a better price.

Subject: Group Buy: Z31 Cusco OS Front Strut Tower Brace

By: THE BIG ONE on Dec 16 2006 3:26PM

I and a few people in the #300ZX chatroom have been putting together a small group buy for Cusco Front Strut Tower Braces.

Z31 Cusco OS Front Strut Tower Brace Group Buy-In

Click here for updated group buy information

Motorsport Auto Retail Price: $170 + Shipping
                      Current Z31 Group Buy Pricing: ??? (Attempting $140 to $150 shipped - Awaiting more complete list of participants)

THE BIG ONE mailto:TBO.Z31@gmail.com Committed
                      tmbg mailto:ian@usedforcomparison.com Committed
                      jjewell mailto:jsjewell@epix.net Committed
                      OK85ZX mailto:OK85ZX@gmail.com Unconfirmed
                      Jay87T mailto:jay_300zx@yahoo.com Unconfirmed
                      DrewZee mailto:drewedel@yahoo.com Unconfirmed

Just email me if you're interested. I have not yet contacted MSA. Several people are wanting these units now, so soon after I get get a number of people, I will contact MSA about group pricing depending on the amount of person's interested.

Don't email me with questions or comments. Just email me if you'd like to see something around the above price. If not, ignore everything.
                      [/url]

Comment

Put me on the list

Comment

I may be interested... Jason *or someone else with the strut tower brace*, can you honestly say that this provides great improvement in body roll, etc...?
                          89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

Yea i used to have this cusco strut bars have to say it made a big differenec on my chassis,mostly during fast corning. Whenever there is heavy load put onto the chassis you can definetly feel the difference. With cheap strut bars like the grex it doesnt make a difference but with a quality bar like cusco its well worth the price.

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: Yea i used to have this cusco strut bars have to say it made a big differenec on my chassis,mostly during fast corning. Whenever there is heavy load put onto the chassis you can definetly feel the difference. With cheap strut bars like the grex it doesnt make a difference but with a quality bar like cusco its well worth the price.
                              It makes a notable difference on my car, but I already have a highly modified and better set up suspension than all but maybe 2-3 other Z31's in the USA. I can tell you that other people say they feel a difference, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X