Two questions for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions for you guys

The first being: Has anyone been able to get ahold of Dan (TSS) since he folded? I tried a PM, a phone call, and an email, but he didn't respond (I'm sure becuase they're all work related). I tried z31.com, but they suggested the same methods

Well, since I can't get ahold of him, I figured that you guys might be able to shed some light on my problem. My second question is
    : If I have the Tss springs, illuminas, and a poly bushing kit, what is the absolute lowest setting I can go on the illuminas? My car is only a weekend warrior now (pretty much not even that, due to school) and the roads here in Chicago are awefull. I'm begining to get concerned becuase after I drove the car for about 30 mi (to Skokie and back) new rattles and noises started occuring: every time I hit a bump the car seems to want to go airborn, and if that isn't enough, when I was merging on to lake shore drive, my head got slammed into the glass t-top (even though it was kinda funny, my head hurt for about an hour).

Any information you guys can give me would be great. That being said, I am aware that there is a recomended 4-5 setting with the illuminas, however a z31.com member said that he thought the problem was with softer springs and going to a lower setting. Thanks in advance guys!
    89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Dan has completely folded and taken a step back from the table... unless he answers on here, he is busy trying the square away his affairs and would rather not talk to anybody.

I have the TSS springs in the back of my 84 right now, and have been running them with illuminas set on 3, 4 and 5. 3 is fine for the street, 4 is a little heavy on damping and 5 is almost like welding a rod in place of the damper.

Comment

^gotcha, do you think I would f' something up if I even went down to say a 1 or 2? Back when I had my 87T with the stock springs, lake shore drive was still murder for me with the shocks set on 3.

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: ^gotcha, do you think I would f' something up if I even went down to say a 1 or 2? Back when I had my 87T with the stock springs, lake shore drive was still murder for me with the shocks set on 3.
        Well, it's not going to hurt the shocks to run them on a lower setting... it'll just be a little annoying to drive an under-damped car because of the 'pogo' effect of higher rate springs (faster oscilation because of the higher rate).

How about setting it wherever you want and seeing how you like it, then playing with it from there. It's all personal preference.

Comment

^Thanks for your help Jason, pretty much I planned on testing them at 1 or 2, but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't f' something up in the process. Thanks again!

Comment

yeah man, don't be afraid to try out setting 1. Won't hurt anything

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

just fyi when you underdamp springs, you cause the springs to oscillate far more than they normally would eventually leading to fatigue and sagging, in other words springs are wear items as well....

this isn't a dire warning of impending doom just a friendly reminder that springs and shocks should be matched when possible, just like swaybars and tires

Comment

Working...
              X