brake MC bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake MC bad?

bled brakes. rear is good. front right keeps pushing out air and brake pedal is softer than Monique.

Checked connections all the way back to the MC on the front right line and no problems there.

Is the Master Cylinder bad?

And just to double check. Bleeding order is LR, RR, RF, LF, correct?

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Why are you bleading them? Are you using a vacuum bleader or the old pump and hold method?
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

bleeding them bc they've been moved from the old shell to new.

pump and hold method. funny story. the bucket I use I found a a friends garage sale and new it would be perfect for bleeding brakes (small bucket with small hose attached at bottom) My friend found out a week later it was her g-mom's enema bucket

Comment

The master could be bad. You might try bench bleeding it again first.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

MC came with the new shell, 86 145k sitting for almost a year.

Other than pulling the MC and bench bleeding or swapping it with a spare what are my options or other things to check?

Comment

Benedict wrote: MC came with the new shell, 86 145k sitting for almost a year.

Other than pulling the MC and bench bleeding or swapping it with a spare what are my options or other things to check?
            You can try swapping the caliper. And yes, you can get a bad rebuilt master. I have had many...
            Attached Files
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

That is a great story man. :P enema bag....hehehe.

"old shell to new"...I am doing the same thing. Here is my theory on this, take it or leave it:

In this process you are breaking open the lines on each wheel. Couple that with the fact that you are probably losing some fluid from the calipers as well in the process. End result....lots and lots of air in the system. :evil:

I went through this crap last year when I replaced all 4 calipers and added in a set of SS brake lines. I swore to ___ that I would never get all the air out of the lines. :x

I broke down and spent $45 on a good vacuum bleeder and after about an hour of bleeding the crap out of the lines and mixing in the pump and hold I hit pay-dirt. I had more brakes than I ever anticipated.

On my swap project I am anticipating the same thing. Pump and hold is limited. Vacuum alone is OK but not the best. Do both and you have a winning combo.

Just have lots of fluid on hand. You will need it. I look at that as a good thing, you are flushing your system in the process. :wink:
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Working...
              X