Rear camber mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear camber mod.

I'm getting ready to do drop my rear suspension to do new poly bushings tokico 5 way adjustable and ST springs.
    I will like to do the rear Camber mod. Were could I buy the kit.

I did a search but did not find anything.

Thanks,

La fiebre.
    1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

mario88ss wrote: ... Were could I buy the kit ...
    It is a do-it-yourself kit
    http://z31.com/mods/suspension/rearcamber.shtml

or buy from http://www.k-mac.com.au/ Australia
    Part number 541326H = $320.00 + $20.00 shipping to US in US dollars.
    Attached Files

Comment

You can actually do the mod with simple stuff from the hardware store. Whatever you do though, DO NOT order from a place called mailto:after6tuning@aol.com (that's his paypal address). He had good instructions, but he said it WAS the MSA kit, and charged me $55 shipped for it, and when I recieved the package, the only thing it contained was his instructions (which were all color) and one bolt/washer/nut package. I actually still have the kit laying around, and if you want, I can see if I can post pictures of the stuff.
      Attached Files
      89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

More info.

xXxRocker5150 wrote: snip .... Whatever you do though, DO NOT
        order from a place called mailto:after6tuning@aol.com (that's his paypal address

Clarification

"after6tuning" (joe in Orlando, Florida) is not me (1artworkz, Gary Molitor, San Leandro CA).

Other parts you will need, are 2 each of these

AND SAVE THESE http://www.garymolitor.com/300zx/rear_b ... emoval.htm

If you haven't bought the complete Prothane Kit 14-2004, you will need to
        by the Prothane 14-303 "300ZX RR LWR C-ARM BSH KIT 84-89".

Comment

^Sorry if you got offended or anything, but I wasn't saying that you were mailto:after6tuning@aol.com
          89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

DO NOT use the after6tuning shit that joe cox sells. The instructions he made say to use the template to drill a new hole on BOTH plates where the shackle mounts to. This is wrong. When you move the shackle down, the control arm sits at an angle to where the hole on the inside plate must be slightly higher than the outside one. To allow for this, joe sends bolts that are too small. :shock: :shock: :evil: The only way to properly install his "kit" would be to use the template to drill a hole on the outside plate and then move the shackle to the new hole and then run the bit through the shackle using it as a guide to drill the hole on the inside plate.
            This way everything will be perfectly aligned and you can use your original bolts. In the end, you are paying $55 for a piece of metal with two holes in it :roll:
            Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
            Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

which is only one step above buying a piece of paper with the instructions....

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: ^Sorry if you got offended or anything ...
                No problem. I wasn't offended and I knew you weren't referring to me.

My clarification was for those that might have "a bit of a time" with the
                English language.

It takes a lot to get me offended but when I do ... well, lets just say
                I loose perspective.

Comment

Re: More info.

Part number correction in picture.

55226-10V00, PIN-REAR SPRING,REAR (Fiche 431, drawing number 55216)

55227-10V00, PLATE-SPACER (Fiche 431, drawing number 55479C)

01225-0003, NUT ((Fiche 431, drawing number 55010B)

Now, I hope that this is right.

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: You can actually do the mod with simple stuff from the hardware store. Whatever you do though, DO NOT order from a place called mailto:after6tuning@aol.com (that's his paypal address). He had good instructions, but he said it WAS the MSA kit, and charged me $55 shipped for it, and when I recieved the package, the only thing it contained was his instructions (which were all color) and one bolt/washer/nut package. I actually still have the kit laying around, and if you want, I can see if I can post pictures of the stuff.
                    Sounds like the same kit MSA used to sell. It just tells you where to drill the hole, the same information that can be found here (http://z31.com/oboard/archives/view.pl?112), and if you know how to measure, done rather easily.

The toe adjusters shown when doing the "adjustable camber mod" will only give you about 3/4 degree adjustment, but it's enough that you can use the measurements there to figure where to locate your slotted hole, then set it to that final camber settings you want on either side easily if you keep fairly accurate with your slotted hole. Be careful though, If you move either forward or backward with the slot, you won't have enough toe adjustment on the inner to put it in spec.

Comment

Working...
                    X