R32 GTR Skyline 296mm rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR Skyline 296mm rotors

Here's one for you all. In this catalogue, scroll down to the R32 GTR 6/89-8/93.

Looking at the Z32 rotors these calipers have the same measurements except for the original thickness of the rotor which is 32mm instead of 28mm.

If we fit (which I believe are a direct bolt on) the R32 4 piston caliper we now have the option of a 296mm front disc.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone as this could be a nice upgrade. I'm aware I'll have to get the 88 Z31 turbo hubs but if I'm reading this catalogue correctly these rotors will fit.

Matt
    http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_...AN_AUST_06.pdf

and gtr brakes are easier for you to get than z32 ? not to mention the fact that gtr brakes typically sell for more ?

Comment

I can pick up GTR calipers pretty cheap directly from the Japanese auctions through a company in Melbourne, Australia.

GTR calipers are definately an affordable option for me.

Comment

You might not need 88t hubs>

,http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2777

not as if that thread tells you anything but if you knock out the old studs fit longer ones R32 skyline studs are 8mm longer than 85T wheel studs then you can slip the rotors on the front, your caliper will line up correctly with the rotor and all you need to do is use longer bolts and a nice meaty spacer. (this is what im doing )

Also Regular R32 turbo rotors are 280mm x 30 mm thick and by looking at the R32 Turbo 4 pot caliper on my desk it looks like you could fit a 32mm rotor in there.
        GTR calipers are little diffierent from the normal R32 4 pots.

If you were going for GTR calipers why not go for the R33 Brembo Brakes ?
        I think you got a good idea im just mentioning what little info i have.
        85 Turbo Slick Top
        __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Brembo are big $$$. I've been offered a R32GTR full front setup, rotors with only 1mm wear, calipers and lines for AU$350.

I'd rather do it this way than have to dick around with spacers etc. Can get 88T hubs from the wreckers for AU$88 each.

Comment

Here is a couple pictures of R-32 GTR calipers installed on my '86T with Mits. 3000GT rotors. Note the issues are only with the 3000GT rotors. I have the 296 mm GTR rotors as well, they fit perfectly, but are much smaller than the 3000GT rotors (320mm).

Hopefully, this will help you make your decission.
            2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

Nice stuff there, I ended up getting calipers with decent pads, GTR rotors with less than 1mm wear on them and brake lines for AUD$400 from a guy in Tasmania who did a Porsche 997 Turbo 6 piston caliper conversion on his GTR.

Can't wait till they arrive now

I can pick up 88 turbo hubs from my local wrecker for $88 a side.

Comment

That is way too much for the 88T hubs. I got both for $40.00 at my local yard. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think they have to be turbo hubs. I think any 88-89 will work, could be wrong though. I did this a very long time ago.
                2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

CAG8OR wrote: That is way too much for the 88T hubs. I got both for $40.00 at my local yard. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think they have to be turbo hubs. I think any 88-89 will work, could be wrong though. I did this a very long time ago.
                  Unfortunately in Australia there aren't alot of Z31's here and the few wreckers that are here basically charge what they want to for parts

Better than what I was quoted from Nissan Australia though, $300 each lol

Comment

plus, what's the conversion rate for $88 AUS to USD?

sounds like not too terrible a price

Comment

Andrevas wrote: plus, what's the conversion rate for $88 AUS to USD?

sounds like not too terrible a price
                      88.00 AUD equal $68.33, which means it cost him nearly $137.00 for two used hubs. Let me know next time and I can take a look for you here and ship them to you. Shipping from CA to Austrailia is not that much if you say it is a gift, (no taxes or tarrifs!)

Comment

Comment

What are you using for a parking brake with the Wilwoods? I assume a line lock. I never liked the fact that Wilwood does not incorporate dust boots on their caliper pistons. Is that still the case with the newer units? If you have a late model factory vented rear rotor setup, I feel that is more than adequate for 99% of all people driving this car. Maybe on the track it is a different story, but not that many people race these cars.

Comment

Comment

zmech wrote: No parking brake, that is what first gear is for. Do not want to use that anyhow when coming off the track with hot rotors.

Yes, there are no dust boots but these are race calipers. Most race type calipers do not have dust boots as they are rebuilt on a regular basis.
                              Plus the high heat will melt the boots. I have run calipers w/o dust boots on a street car for many miles with no issues.
                              Chuck Stong
                              300+ Parts and Performance owner
                              http://www.300-plus.com
                              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                              X