Wheel Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Studs

Does anybody have the specs on the 88-89 Turbo cars regarding the wheel stud lengths vs Non-Turbos? I have to run a 1/4 spacer up front for my track rims to clear my coilover setup and I really don't have $80.00 for NISMO extended studs right now.

I have a friend's turbo studs ( my car is a NA2T ) and thought that because of the "SLIP - ON" rotor setup that they would almost certainly be longer. I don't need much just enough to compensate for the spacer...... I would be pushing the thread engagement too thin otherwise.

I just don't want to take everything apart ......... knock a stud out and find that they are the same. Thought I might save myself the trouble and ask.
    1970 240Z

88 Shiro Special (SS)
    185 RWHP
    205 RWTQ

88NA2Turbo w/
    311 RWHP
    393 RWTQ
    If you BOOST it ........ it will run!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen wheel studs for sale on-line but I would suggest just going to a reliable parts store or tire shop and getting a set there. They should be able to look up the stock size and source the added length you will need.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

The fronts are longer, but not by much. Maybe a 1/4", could be less.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Studs

I will find out next week for sure. If they are truely about 1/4 in longer then that is all I really need. The track rims are 9in wide and don't completely clear the coilover setup. My friend used them on his Z this past November and they clear a stock 88-89 strut tube just fine. Just trying to make up for the 1/4in spacer that I have to use. I will let you know how much longer they really are!
        1970 240Z

88 Shiro Special (SS)
        185 RWHP
        205 RWTQ

88NA2Turbo w/
        311 RWHP
        393 RWTQ
        If you BOOST it ........ it will run!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X