z32 master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z32 master cylinder

i just got some z32 front calipers from my friend, and i was wondering do i understand that its better to swap the master brake cylinder as well, for better brake proportioning but, if i dont will it really effect my braking that much? how would it feel without the master cylinder swap? thanks

With the stock MC it felt kinda spongy and more brake pedal travel. Now I put in a Z32 1 1/16" MC and it feels right.

Try it without the Z32 MC and see how you like it. If you don't like it,get the z32 MC
    Shiro #443

Comment

ilovezumabeach wrote: i just got some z32 front calipers from my friend, and i was wondering do i understand that its better to swap the master brake cylinder as well, for better brake proportioning but, if i dont will it really effect my braking that much? how would it feel without the master cylinder swap? thanks
      the master cylinder has nothing to do with the actual brake proportioning front to rear

but I would go with it if you experience what Rick mentioned

Comment

Isn't the proportioning valve inside the brake master cylinder?
        Shiro #443

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
          Originally posted by ilovezumabeach
          i just got some z32 front calipers from my friend, and i was wondering do i understand that its better to swap the master brake cylinder as well, for better brake proportioning but, if i dont will it really effect my braking that much? how would it feel without the master cylinder swap? thanksthe master cylinder has nothing to do with the actual brake proportioning front to rear

but I would go with it if you experience what Rick mentioned
          if thats the case then where is the proportioning valve? answer.. there is none, pressure is dictated by the master cylinder. i guess you could say its "built in"... the front and rears use line pressure from the master with nothing restricting it. older Zs had seperate proportioning valves on the firewall, not the z31 though.

Comment

Working...
          X