Let's talk wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk wheel studs

As far as longer studs, the nismo 60mm is an easy choice but expensive. I read in an old post that the front 87-89 turbo studs are roughly 1/4" longer than the rears. Can someone confirm this? Also, does anyone know of another nissan that has compatible longer studs?
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

I remember reading somewhere that quests had long studs.
    Worth looking into.
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: I remember reading somewhere that quests had long studs.
      Worth looking into.
      I read something similar...I'll have to check out discount auto and see if they'll match up on the hub.

Can anyone confirm that front studs on the 87-89 turbo are longer than the rears?
      2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

I have a stud question as well, is there any way to remove original and install new "longer" studs on the rear stub axles without removing them? I hate removing them, it is such a PITA. Anyone know who sells the Nismo 60mm for the best price? How about ARP, do they make the correct fitment studs?
        2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

i needed longer studs too.. i ended up spending the 70 bucks for th nismo studs from nissanparts.cc... initially i took a spare stud to several parts stores and asked the guy if he could match it up to something longer.. the response i got from these idiots was something like "what car is it for" or "do you have a part number"... there are a lot of idiots where i live.. if you know any decent parts guys i would start with them..

Comment

CAG8OR wrote: Anyone know who sells the Nismo 60mm for the best price? How about ARP, do they make the correct fitment studs?
            courtesy has solid prices on the nismo studs
            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Found a good website here:

http://www.thepartsbin.com/repsite/niss ... parts.html

It looks like the Nissan Quest studs are the same as the 350Z coupe, G35, Murano and the altima. According the courtesy, there are specific studs needed for the 350Z and 02-04 altima...so there may be a chance for fitment.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nismo/bolts/index.html

Bottom line, I'm checking out the parts store today.
              2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Great links, thanks for the information. Has anyone removed/installed the studs with the stub axles installed?
                2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

I just got back from the parts store and it looks like the Nissan Quest studs are a winner. 1994 Quest front studs are about 4 threads longer (10 or so mm) and are the same diameter (12M 1.25). Cost per stud $2.68. I'm going to give these a try and see what happens.
                  2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

I just replaced my rear studs on the 84T with 88NA rear studs. They are alittle longer and free from the junkyard. I needed longer studs 'cause the Conquest TSI rims left too little thread bite.

maybe I'll pull some free Quest studs from the junkyard too.

Oh, and studs are easy to swap out. Well, atleast until they are so long that they won't clear the brake rotor splash guard. But the 87-89 brake rotor splash guards are further back than the 84-86 types.
                    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                    2000 Porsche Boxster
                    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

CAG8OR wrote: I have a stud question as well, is there any way to remove original and install new "longer" studs on the rear stub axles without removing them? I hate removing them, it is such a PITA. Anyone know who sells the Nismo 60mm for the best price? How about ARP, do they make the correct fitment studs?
                      You can def. get them out with out anything more than a torch, hammer, and a can of WD40.

But the newer, longer ones may not fit

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

CAG8OR wrote: Great links, thanks for the information. Has anyone removed/installed the studs with the stub axles installed?
                        Yeah, they're no big deal.

I went through Napa and O'reilly's once as they have a wheel stud and bolt catalog and I actually found the same thread pitch and diameter wheel stud as the Z31 but about 15mm longer. I can't remember the exact price, but they were something like $2 a piece.
                        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

update: Quest studs won't fit without some custom work. The raised ridges toward the start of the stud are too big.

10 Quest studs - $28.40 + grinding, lots of trial and error. 45.5mm only.

10 Nismo studs - $65.17 + shipping, perfect fit, 50mm or 60mm option.

conclusion: nismo studs are worth the money

my .02
                          2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

If the Nismo studs come 50 and 60mm long. Where is the length measured from...the tip to the base of the head? My NA studs measure 40mm that way.
                            ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: update: Quest studs won't fit without some custom work. The raised ridges toward the start of the stud are too big.

10 Quest studs - $28.40 + grinding, lots of trial and error. 45.5mm only.

10 Nismo studs - $65.17 + shipping, perfect fit, 50mm or 60mm option.

conclusion: nismo studs are worth the money

my .02
                              I agree, sounds like the Nismo units are they best way to go. I just hope that they will go in with out removing the stub axles. I have an '86 and as stated previously, there is not much clearance to the rotor shield. I guess I could just cut a hole large enough for the stud to fit through and rotate the stub axle for each stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X