Front wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel bearings

Has anybody changed their front wheel bearings with parts that aren't Nissan? Those Nissan bearings are expensive. Quality?
    Shiro #443

z

Comment

thats funny i work for nsk
      86na2t + holset

feedback
      viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

Comment

you mean ntn bearings most likely, if you read off the codes on both sides of a bearing it will tell you the exact specs and seal types, then you can match that to any other mfgr... but likely if you just give any bearing supplier the number you have they can cross ref for you

my tensioner was made by skf and has an ntn bearing

Comment

I just bought Nissan front bearings for an 88 turbo. They are made by Timken over there in the states. I thought the price was pretty reasonable. AU$36 for the inner and outer bearings, both sides.

Comment

NAPA bearings here, but I dont remember which brand they were. Fit like a glove and no complaints.
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Bought the front inner and outer bearings plus oil seals for $40 for both sides at NAPA. Better than ~$60 for each side at the Nissan stealer.
              Shiro #443

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: NAPA bearings here, but I dont remember which brand they were. Fit like a glove and no complaints.
                I hope so :lol:

I am still rolling on the stock ones. I have repacked them like 6 times in the past 4 months. 3 of the 6 times was because i thought the swaybar clunk noise was my wheels bearing. (a liiiiiitle paranoid)

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I bought mine at advanced....seem alright after 2 weeks
                  2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Working...
                  X