Look what the mailman brought me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what the mailman brought me!

I can't wait to install this stuff in the Z! Hopefully I will get time on Sunday to get some of it done.

The differential mount is Beefy!

Any tips/tricks on getting the motor mounts in?

Thanks Jason!
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Neil86t wrote: Any tips/tricks on getting the motor mounts in?
    Soak the nuts with plenty of WD-40 2 days prior. Driver side is a piece of cake, can be done with hand tools after moving the intake pipes away. Passenger side is easier and quicker (my personal experience) if you just remove the top nut from the back side after moving cruise control away, and remove the bottom nut from under the car, so you can use impact wrench or some sort. I personally don't like to deal with removing alternator.
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

I have the transmission and dampner mounts in my car. I just recently found my poly motor mounts. Damn dog took to sleeping in the parts car thought they made good chew toys. Then it snowed and they were lost for a couple monthes. Long story short, I'll put the motor mounts in over spring break and I'll be sure to kick that damn mutt just one last time.

It would've been a lot easier if i had the mounts when i had engine out. Looks like a PITA now.
      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

I just finished installing the diff. mount. That clutch feel is a lot smoother!
        Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
        1986 300zx Turbo
        2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
        1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

sweet, I was going to purchase the same kit.
          Gone - 1988 Shiro
          2004 BMW 330Ci
          2005 BMW 330i
          1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
          http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Each piece in its own right is excellent, but having them all together....oooohhhhh baby. I highly recommend that entire kit to everyone. Have it and love it. Worth every penny.
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I just recently found my poly motor mounts. Damn dog took to sleeping in the parts car thought they made good chew toys
              :shock: :shock:
              Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
              Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Matt89 wrote:
                I just recently found my poly motor mounts. Damn dog took to sleeping in the parts car thought they made good chew toys
                :shock: :shock:
                I think Jason should branch out to Petsmart. :lol:
                Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

were did you order them from and what comes in the kit?
                  89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                  87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                  07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: were did you order them from and what comes in the kit?
                    Z31parts.com
                    2005 whore magnet

Comment

I have the poly engine mounts. Very high quality & cost less than OEM. Easy to install I thought too. I just put a jack with a block of wood under the oil pan to support the engine & change one mount at a time.
                      378whp 445wtq
                      http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

I just ordered the master bushing kit from zcar.com. I already dropped my rear end and i'll begin disassembling it hopefully sometime this week if i have the time.
                        Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: I just ordered the master bushing kit from zcar.com. I already dropped my rear end and i'll begin disassembling it hopefully sometime this week if i have the time.
                          i did all of the bushings on my car in about 6 hours ,on my back like a prostitute , on my drive way ... get to it!!!!

Comment

[quote]2+2turbo wrote:
                            Originally posted by homestar
                            I just ordered the master bushing kit from zcar.com. I already dropped my rear end and i'll begin disassembling it hopefully sometime this week if i have the time.
                            i did all of the bushings on my car in about 6 hours ,on my back like a prostitute , on my drive way ... get to it!!!!
                            oh this will be the second time i've done a master bushing kit. I helped my buddy leif (xxrocker on here) do his so doing mine will be a breeze. I just need to find the time to do it. I managed to get a half hour of wrench time in today.... jesus christ my bushings were FUUUCKED up! The crossmember bushings were so fried that i was able to push them out into my hand.... no effort required!
                            Funny stories!

Comment

Working...
                            X