Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z32 brake master cylinder suppose to be bolt on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 brake master cylinder suppose to be bolt on?

So today i wanted to upgrade the z31 master cyl , with the z32 one , because I have the z32 caliper in front , and found out that I could not bolt all the brake hoses on it , the z31 as 3 hoses 2 front and 1 rear , and the z32 as 2 ,1 front and 1 rear , but as a plug/screw at the place of the other brake hose needed for the z31 , but when I unscrew this plug , the fitting in the hole is not compliant for a brake line fitting , any ideas? Did someone do this swap , or maybe I got a bad z32 master cyl year , mine is a 93 z32(usa) n/a (nabco)

see picture , I checked in the nissan fast program and the fitting in the hole is not purchasable(?) so that my problem for now...

so the real question is do I really need the master cyl of a z32 to have a good pedal feel or the z31 one is okay ???
    1986 GLL VQ35DE(287hp) / Z33 6S tranny, done!
    Black 240sx 1997 (ka24de)5S daily driver.

I have a z32 MC.
    I had a different issue though.
    After removing the plug, the center port was compliant but the hole was too deep for my fitting. I cut the fitting off of my brakeline and took it to a hydrolic hose shop and matched it up to one like it only longer. Then I had to buy a dubble flaring tool and put everthing together.

If you were to take it to a hydrolic line shop they could probably come up with something to make it work.Thats what they do.
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

Mine came with the correct hole. Mine is also a 1 1/16" Master cylinder not a 1".
      I saw a website that had a fix for your problem. He cut out the fitting with a dremel or something out of an old master cylinder and put it in the new master cylinder that looked like yours. Do a search for 300zx brake master cylinder in a 240sx.
      Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote:
        I saw a website that had a fix for your problem. He cut out the fitting with a dremel or something out of an old master cylinder and put it in the new master cylinder that looked like yours. Do a search for 300zx brake master cylinder in a 240sx.
        Yea, I remember that article.
        He cut his old MC up around the insert so not to damage the insert itself.
        Then he pushed it into the z32 unit.
        Worth a shot.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

ok so i think i found what you guys where talking, http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#MC

and also what is the difference between de 1" master cyl and the 1 1/16" , is the later one from an automatic z32
          1986 GLL VQ35DE(287hp) / Z33 6S tranny, done!
          Black 240sx 1997 (ka24de)5S daily driver.

Comment

240sx uses a 1" as well so at that point as long as it didn't have abs.... the only difference will be the rear brake bias...

Comment

nismogab wrote: ok so i think i found what you guys where talking, http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#MC

and also what is the difference between de 1" master cyl and the 1 1/16" , is the later one from an automatic z32
              not for certain but the difference in brake mc sizes in my talon had to do with the abs system. mine had the 1" which is the largest and my car was the awd with abs.

Comment

Working...
              X