Clear All

• twin turbo front calipers...

this is from the autozone web site... this is for front z32 calipers

MORSE Loaded Caliper Pair for a 1993 Nissan/Datsun 300ZX
    Unit Price: $148.99
    Core Value*: $14.00
    Part No.: P1674
    Weight: 32.0 lbs.

am i missing something here? is that real? i mean people are spending over 200 bucks on a used set on ebay..

They used to be about $65 each + core.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: They used to be about $65 each + core.
      so people really are that stupid?

Comment

the ones on eGay are usually aluminum and the ones from parts stores are usually iron

that's the difference

Comment

http://www.princeton.edu/~asad/zbrakes/

The following is a comparison of some different Z32 300ZX brake calipers.

The "26mm Aluminum" calipers were used ONLY on 1990 non-turbos. They used a 280mm x 26mm rotor.

The "30mm Aluminum" calipers were used on 1990 Twin-turbos and ALL 1991-1992.5 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They used a 280mm x 30mm rotor.

The "30mm Iron" calipers were used on ALL 1992.5-1996 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They also used the 280mm x 30mm rotor.
          Even if you specifically request for 1990 TT calipers, I doubt Autozone will give you aluminum units...... :?
          Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

Andrevas wrote: the ones on eGay are usually aluminum and the ones from parts stores are usually iron

that's the difference
            Bullshit. The ones from the parts store should be appropriate to year and whatever else determines them that you ask for. If you ask for a 90 NA you get whats appropriate to that. If you ask for a 96TT, you get what's appropriate to that.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

[quote]Steve88t wrote:
              Originally posted by Andrevas
              the ones on eGay are usually aluminum and the ones from parts stores are usually iron

that's the difference
              Bullshit. The ones from the parts store should be appropriate to year and whatever else determines them that you ask for. If you ask for a 90 NA you get whats appropriate to that. If you ask for a 96TT, you get what's appropriate to that.
              Exactly. I bet the parts guys don't know that they were made in both aluminum and iron.

Comment

simply86T wrote:
                http://www.princeton.edu/~asad/zbrakes/

The following is a comparison of some different Z32 300ZX brake calipers.

The "26mm Aluminum" calipers were used ONLY on 1990 non-turbos. They used a 280mm x 26mm rotor.

The "30mm Aluminum" calipers were used on 1990 Twin-turbos and ALL 1991-1992.5 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They used a 280mm x 30mm rotor.

The "30mm Iron" calipers were used on ALL 1992.5-1996 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They also used the 280mm x 30mm rotor.
                Even if you specifically request for 1990 TT calipers, I doubt Autozone will give you aluminum units...... :?
                actually i just checked.. the 1990 TT calipers are a different part number.. the price is the same but the core is more money..

MORSE P1399 LLT $23.00 $138.99

pretty cool

Comment

The only reason I bought mine on ebay was because I got the pair for about $200 shipped; cheaper than the parts stores even with my discount.

Also, they were special order at NAPA and I would have had to pay freight anyway. :cry:

Comment

yeah, old news... a friend buys z32 calipers like that from the auto parts stores, paints them, and sells them on ebay for 300-350ish, and he uses 10$ generic junkyard calipers as cores for the auto parts stores!! lol

Comment

I paid AU$400 for R32GTR front calipers and the rotors to go with them.

Comment

defrag010 wrote: yeah, old news... a friend buys z32 calipers like that from the auto parts stores, paints them, and sells them on ebay for 300-350ish, and he uses 10$ generic junkyard calipers as cores for the auto parts stores!! lol
                        Rapage of the community.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                        X