BG Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG Springs

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has these springs?

B&G SUSPENSION - SPRINGS - 1.6 inch drop front and rear

I heard good things about the suspension techniques springs (and bad things about the eibachs), but want something that'll go lower than an inch. anyone know if these springs are ok for cornering and what not?

i dont kno much about springs but i heard that i should get a camber kit when i get springs that go lower than an inch, to straighten out the wheels when the car gets lowered. I was wondering if i dont get a camber kit and put these springs on will i get positive or negative camber?

i don't want to get flamed, but i'm pretty sure i will, but i am actually trying to get a "demon camber" on my car.

any information will be helpful. thanks.

I have never seen the B&G name before, but these look like nice springs, and they are reasonably priced at $173. 1.6" drop will give you some negative camber issues though. Probably best to do the camber mod after installing the springs.
    So what is a "Demon camber"? Sounds badass :twisted:

-Mike
    "produce first.talk second."

Comment

Mike_GruiZinga wrote: I have never seen the B&G name before,
      Don't worry, they're extremely popular. I'm surprised you haven't. But they are more of a European brand.
      1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
      2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

hmmm, what are the spring rates?

Comment

Mike_GruiZinga wrote:
          So what is a "Demon camber"? Sounds badass :twisted:
          -Mike
          demon camber is essentially negative camber on the front, and zero on the rear.

This setup is a cheap way to ensure the front has necessary grip for drifting. and it does look badass, although a bit unorthodox and not a good idea for obvious reason (dangerous for daily driving, faster tire wire, etc.) but i'm used to driving cars with this setup on the streets. i grew up in korea and most tuner cars around my neighborhood had the bosozoku look to them.

as for spring rate, i dont really know, maybe i should try callin the company before i buy them for that information.

From Wikipedia:

One suspension tuning method, still popular in Japan, is known as "Demon Camber" (Japanese: ???, Oni-kamu). It involves setting the suspension with extreme negative camber in the front to reduce slide. Negative camber on the rear would only induce understeer, making the car more difficult to drift. The front of the car having better grip and less tendency to slide, it is easier to swing the rear of the car around to get a good drift angle. However stability, grip, and overall ability to control the car are compromised. It has thus fallen out of favor as a serious performance-minded suspension setup. However, many cars built for show (such as those driven by b?s?zoku) still use this style of suspension setup for its aggressive look. A few degrees of toe-out on the rear wheels in some vehicles (leading edges angled outward) can improve turn-in, and make setting up a drift a little easier.

Comment

yessss, learn to drift on wikipedia.... I knew there had to be some use for a wiki and there you are

Comment

If it's any help... B&G springs are fairly popular for my ( 98 ) Grand Prix GTP. In comparisons on some GP forums, people usually like them because they are fairly soft and don't cause awful lots of what they call "pogo" (underdamped condition) when used with stock shocks. This means that, at least for that application, the rates are not much higher than the stock GTP springs are. Because they are variable rate I would bet their methodology in selection of their rates is similar to eibach but with a lower base rate along the same lines of what intrax does. For the record, this is all speculation.

It's utterly stupid for a company to not publish spring rates, even if the spring is progressive rate. Anybody with access can pop them in a spring tester, or guess using some heavy weights and a tape measure.

Comment

heres the response i just got back from their retailer...

B&G do not have a spring rate available.
                This spring they have listed at 25% stiffer than stock at static height

sounds like they're not very good for a performance application.
                Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
                Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Matt89 wrote: heres the response i just got back from their retailer...

B&G do not have a spring rate available.
                  This spring they have listed at 25% stiffer than stock at static height

sounds like they're not very good for a performance application.
                  That would put them at a similar or higher static rate (depending on what stock springs they are talking about) than eibach springs, and with progressive rate you never know how much the rate increases unless you test them, so they could actually preform well.

Comment

Re: B&G Springs

demand your money back, they aren't 25% stiffer hah

Comment

+1(
                      Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
                      Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

reviving an old thread......

so has anyone installed their B&G springs yet? I would like to see pictures :-D
                        Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

simply86T wrote: so has anyone installed their B&G springs yet? I would like to see pictures :-D
                          Installed mine. Here are some pics:

Front -

Rear -

The Z is still on jack stands, so this is as good as it gets!

Comment

might be a stupid question: are those air bags adjustable? Where did you get them?
                            SS

Support RRR Z Parts!!!!

Comment

sreich05 wrote: might be a stupid question: are those air bags adjustable? Where did you get them?
                              This may help you: http://z31performance.com/forum/view...ilit=+air+bags

Comment

Working...
                              X