Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter
    replied
    The S13 was never fully sorted out and the Z isn't either yet. I would say they probly both handle the same, probly weigh the same, but the Z feels better balanced. The Z is by far a funner car to drift, just due to the seating position over the rear tires and shock factor.

It really is funny because I had so many people around here telling me that i was wasting my time, and all mad that I was selling the silvia. Now even the most die hard skeptics love it.

Leave a comment:

• G-E
    replied
    so s-chassis or z.... now that you've equalized the suspension.... which is the shiz?

Leave a comment:

• Butter
    replied
    STA rear subframe seemed about 50lbs more than multilink. Both had everything on it. Almost crushed myself with the STA, but the S14 seemed very manageable. The STA also shattered the wood creeper I was using to move them around on. This makes sense since the STA has to make due with less suspension parts taking the load, hence, beefier structure. I actually bent the weldment on the s14 thing for the traction arm using very little pressure with a prybar. S14 member is like 16ga steel everything.

Seats are heavy as hell. My buddy clubs are about 15lbs.

Garbage can full of asphalt sound deadening, worthless brackets I would estimate at 55lbs. The guy taking it out to the dumpster bitched.

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote:
    When I moved my shell from the driveway to the back yard it took about 10 guys to do it.

Totally stripped z31 shell.
    It was also over a 3 foot tall fence dude. You and I could have dragged it ourselves had that fence not been there. Post the picture.

Leave a comment:

• FlawleZ
    replied
    [quote]Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote:
    Originally posted by 84_z31:3aab9
    heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

my dad a while back had a z32 parts car, we completely stripped it so there was nothing left but the sheet metal stamping, so no fenders glass, suspension, engine NOTHING!

the car STILL weighed in at around 1500-1600 pounds i believe it was,,,
    i couldnt believe it,
    that car is a tank.
    When I moved my shell from the driveway to the back yard it took about 10 guys to do it.

Totally stripped z31 shell.[/quote:3aab9]

How big were they?

Only took 4 of us to reposition my buddies 100% complete 2000 WS-6, and we all know that's a heavy car.

Leave a comment:

• Little Bunny Foo Foo
    replied
    84_z31 wrote: heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

my dad a while back had a z32 parts car, we completely stripped it so there was nothing left but the sheet metal stamping, so no fenders glass, suspension, engine NOTHING!

i couldnt believe it,
    that car is a tank.

Totally stripped z31 shell.

Leave a comment:

• bemis
    replied
    Yeah, you'll drop a nut while trying to pull those electric seats out. I can't believe how heavy those things actually are. They also sit higher than the manual seats, since they have to make more room underneath for all those mechanisms.

Leave a comment:

• 2+2turbo
    replied
    i had to ship some 86t gll seats , wazz is right , it was about 70lbs for the pass non electric and the drivers elec together

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    like.....60-70 estimate

Leave a comment:

• FlawleZ
    replied
    Does anyone know the weight of the heavy motorized seats? I'm in the process of trying to get some Recaros and I was wondering what kind of weight I'm looking at saving.

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    My God!!! :shock:

Leave a comment:

• 84_z31
    replied
    heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

i couldnt believe it,
    that car is a tank.

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    Yeah, it is really what is under it. Z dash=one of the easiest to take out.

Leave a comment:

• G-E
    replied
    I meant the 100lbs of metal under it

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    G-E wrote: for a drag car, never underestimate the benefit of a light replacement dashboard
    My ice race car has no dash board. You'd be surprised how little the dash actually weighs with all of the wiring/clusters pulled out of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X