Z weights comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote:
    When I moved my shell from the driveway to the back yard it took about 10 guys to do it.

Totally stripped z31 shell.
    It was also over a 3 foot tall fence dude. You and I could have dragged it ourselves had that fence not been there. Post the picture.

Comment

STA rear subframe seemed about 50lbs more than multilink. Both had everything on it. Almost crushed myself with the STA, but the S14 seemed very manageable. The STA also shattered the wood creeper I was using to move them around on. This makes sense since the STA has to make due with less suspension parts taking the load, hence, beefier structure. I actually bent the weldment on the s14 thing for the traction arm using very little pressure with a prybar. S14 member is like 16ga steel everything.

Seats are heavy as hell. My buddy clubs are about 15lbs.

Garbage can full of asphalt sound deadening, worthless brackets I would estimate at 55lbs. The guy taking it out to the dumpster bitched.
      sigpic

Comment

so s-chassis or z.... now that you've equalized the suspension.... which is the shiz?

Comment

The S13 was never fully sorted out and the Z isn't either yet. I would say they probly both handle the same, probly weigh the same, but the Z feels better balanced. The Z is by far a funner car to drift, just due to the seating position over the rear tires and shock factor.

It really is funny because I had so many people around here telling me that i was wasting my time, and all mad that I was selling the silvia. Now even the most die hard skeptics love it.
          sigpic

Comment

lol, have they ever seen anything with a bit of displacement + boost doing it?

I agree with the whole sitting on the axle.
            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

yea when the silvia guys say your car is sick, you nailed it

Comment

G-E wrote: so s-chassis or z.... now that you've equalized the suspension.... which is the shiz?
                Z31 FTW!

Just because it's 100 times more unique and much less *yawn* than S13/S14 with SR20.

Comment

there will be a collective forehead slapping "DOH!" once the kiddies realize they missed one, I predict in the coming years appreciation for our strange breed will grow
                  Attached Files

Comment

yeah, be alot less lsd's than there already is.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I've been telling my friends this for a couple of years now. Once people find out the Z31 is a very good & very cheap platform to build for drifting it will become like the 240sx. Not many clean chassis left to find & the ones you see on the road will be totally riced out . Sad. I kinda hope that never happens. I like when people ask me what my car is.
                      378whp 445wtq
                      http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

yeah, my roommate who just move in like a week ago needs a car. He said he really like my Z. So I browsed craiglist and found this thing
                        http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/car/175804005.html

I have seen it at my coffee shop job before.... I never realized it was a slick top, or i would have bought it. But the old guy needs a car other than is V8, water leaking, gas guzzling van.

Comment

I got both Tehpopa86T and Taris Blue into Z31's... and they thank me for getting them addicted :-)

Comment

it has some issues....but the main things i can definetly work out. Brake rotors, pads, bla, bla.

The 5 speed was rebuilt a year ago, also (dur) with a new clutch. It has a new cat, everything anolog. It is so kinda nice. The bad things. Driver pillar has common rust on the bottom, minor front passenger fender damage (bent back with my hands), the speedo is up to 135mph at about 20mph :shock: .

So it is just a commuter anyway.

Comment

I got my buddy hooked on Z31s. He woulda given up on them already if I weren't his mechanic. He bought his 2nd one without having me check it out. He paid too much & it needed waaaaaaaay too much work. That was the grey one. He has since given that to his lil bro (I'll be doing his work as well). I found his current Z, the red one. He's much happier now. Check it out.

378whp 445wtq
                              http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Mark, what springs are on his red 86T and how was the camber correction done? That's a very sharp car.

Comment

Working...
                                X