Z weights comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z weights comparison

I had my 1986 300ZX 2x2 weighed at the junk yard scale a couple days ago. 2900 lbs without me in the car. Keep in mind this Z has been completely stripped out leaving only what keeps it running and street legal. It also has a bit of a rust problem that has left big holes in certain places. :shock:

Does this weight sound ligit? I'm not confident in the calibration of the scale either.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

My 84 2+2 GLL weighed in at about 3100+ (I can't put my finger on the weight ticket). That was with everything in it except the spare and tools. Your 2900 sounds about right. My 84 slicktop started out at about 2800 and is down to 2630 with almost everything out. Might be able to get to 2500, but there is only undercoating, sound deadening and some interior left to go.
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

If I remember correctly my 84NA 2+2 GL was only lightly modified it weighed 3026lbs at the drag strip with a partial tank of gas, tool and spare tires out. 2900 with gutted interior seems reasonable.

Comment

for a drag car, never underestimate the benefit of a light replacement dashboard

Comment

G-E wrote: for a drag car, never underestimate the benefit of a light replacement dashboard
          My ice race car has no dash board. You'd be surprised how little the dash actually weighs with all of the wiring/clusters pulled out of it.

Comment

I meant the 100lbs of metal under it

Comment

Yeah, it is really what is under it. Z dash=one of the easiest to take out.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

my dad a while back had a z32 parts car, we completely stripped it so there was nothing left but the sheet metal stamping, so no fenders glass, suspension, engine NOTHING!

the car STILL weighed in at around 1500-1600 pounds i believe it was,,,
                i couldnt believe it,
                that car is a tank.

Comment

My God!!! :shock:

Comment

Does anyone know the weight of the heavy motorized seats? I'm in the process of trying to get some Recaros and I was wondering what kind of weight I'm looking at saving.
                    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

like.....60-70 estimate

Comment

i had to ship some 86t gll seats , wazz is right , it was about 70lbs for the pass non electric and the drivers elec together

Comment

Yeah, you'll drop a nut while trying to pull those electric seats out. I can't believe how heavy those things actually are. They also sit higher than the manual seats, since they have to make more room underneath for all those mechanisms.
                          [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                          [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                          2000 Porsche Boxster
                          2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

84_z31 wrote: heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

my dad a while back had a z32 parts car, we completely stripped it so there was nothing left but the sheet metal stamping, so no fenders glass, suspension, engine NOTHING!

i couldnt believe it,
                            that car is a tank.
                            When I moved my shell from the driveway to the back yard it took about 10 guys to do it.

Totally stripped z31 shell.
                            Just in case you're wondering, I'm Pylon_Boy

I'm moving out of the country. Buy my tools, cars, car parts, ect.
                            http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpylon_boyQQhtZ-1

Comment

[quote]Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote:
                              Originally posted by 84_z31:3aab9
                              heres a little bit of trivia for you guys,

i couldnt believe it,
                              that car is a tank.
                              When I moved my shell from the driveway to the back yard it took about 10 guys to do it.

Totally stripped z31 shell.[/quote:3aab9]

How big were they?

Only took 4 of us to reposition my buddies 100% complete 2000 WS-6, and we all know that's a heavy car.
                              Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                              tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                              545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X