U Joint steering linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Joint steering linkage

I cant seem to find this sob - anyone able to help? I am gonna get the car on jacks, but this seems the only logical part that is making my steering fuckerd. Thanks

There was a post on z31.com about this problem. The guy did a howto to repair it but i dont find the post. I have the same problem with my car its pretty annoying. I will post it if i find something.
    Fairlady Z 1990 2+2 Twinturbo

Comment

There was a post on z31.com about this problem. The guy did a howto to repair it but i dont find the post. I have the same problem with my car its pretty annoying. I will post it if i find something.
      Fairlady Z 1990 2+2 Twinturbo

Comment

ive seen that the one that usually goes bad is the one that conects directly to the steering rack. if you are having a hard time physically locating it, look from underneath the car directly in front of the driver. there may be heat shields or other crap in the way if it isnt initially obvious. by the way the ujoint costs 108 bucks from nissan.

when mine went bad, i felt strong resistance in my steering wheel during some parts of a full turn, but it felt fine in other parts of the turn. a friend of mine had the same joint go bad, but he just ended up with a rediculous amount of play in the steering wheel.

there are also other joint under the dash that could have problems, but its most likely the joint i described thats beat up from being outside and getting splashed with shit all the time. good luck

Comment

Chris86NA2T wrote: i felt strong resistance in my steering wheel during some parts of a full turn, but it felt fine in other parts of the turn.
          I've just started experiencing this myself. I have determined that it's rather irritating.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

I have had the u-joint go bad. It will be pretty obvious if it is. I just swap out the shaft with a good one, which is not hard to find.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Wow, didn't know there was suppoosed to be a rubber boot there.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
              X