Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimum tire size for 10 wide wheel? (Updated w/ pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wheel setup has always been my favorite, just awesome. Once I wear thee new tires out I'll jump on the 285+ bandwagon. I may end up selling the 235's up front once I see what they look like and how much clearance I've got. I've got my H&R spacers gettting machines as we speak (bore diameter was too small from another car). I have two sets, one is 25mm and another is getting shaved down to 18mm just in case. Gonna be sweeeet...

Comment

big tires are the coolest......

I Have 255/40s for the front & 315/35s for the rear patiently waiting...
      Here are the Rears
      2005 whore magnet

Comment

Damn Steve, I just spooged! Those are going to look sharp! Can't wait for the pics of them installed.

Comment

(slowly) fap......fap......fap.........fap.........fap..... .......fap....... :P

Comment

SteveZ31 wrote: big tires are the coolest......

I Have 255/40s for the front & 315/35s for the rear patiently waiting...
            Here are the Rears
            is that a cobra wheel? i plan on sticking 315's on the rear of my z someday , but they will be street tires. iv'e got a couple of questions ....

how wide is that wheel steve?

does anybody have an idea of offsets in 17" and 18" diameters that will work? for an 11inch rear that is ...

all of this stuff confuses me , and i'd hate to have to pay somebody at a wheel shop to find this stuff out .

finding cheap 11 inch wide wheels is hard ,10 inch and some 10.5 can be had but i want an 11 inch ! :twisted:

p.s. this type of info should be added to az-zbums list (his only goes up to 10 inches)

Comment

That thing is massive. I love the look of massive tires on a car. Even if it may slow the car down. I can't wait to see what those 315s look like on the car!!!
              378whp 445wtq
              http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

2+2turbo wrote:
                is that a cobra wheel? i plan on sticking 315's on the rear of my z someday , but they will be street tires. iv'e got a couple of questions ....

how wide is that wheel steve?
                Yes its a Cobra Wheel its 17x10.5" with a +27mm Offset it is a direct fit (no spacers/adaptors or longer studs needed). they do stick out past the fenders a few mm or so but thats nothing that rolling the fenders wont cure. And im not worried about them slowing me down I need the biggest contact patch I can get :twisted:
                2005 whore magnet

Comment

I agree with that contact patch issue. That's what I'm after. I got 285s again for my new wheels just to make sure everything fits with no issues & hopefully I can run 295s the next time I get tires. I don't want to roll my fenders. I just got 10s with a +30 offset.
                  378whp 445wtq

Comment

315's on cobra's:

"If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

Very nice! That shot is almost calendar worthy!!! What profile tires are you using (30/35)?

Although the splash guards seem insignificant now, the tail lights look really good on that white Z!

Comment

They look great. Camber looks good too, but that's cuz the car isn't lowered much by the amount of rear wheel gap it has. Course if you lower it tires would rub no doubt. Clear/white lens on the bottom half of the tail lights looks good too. How/where'd you get those?
                        378whp 445wtq

Comment

mark86t wrote: How/where'd you get those?
                          Probably here: clearcorners.com

Comment

Thanks for the info/link.
                            378whp 445wtq

Comment

DrewZee87T wrote: 315's on cobra's:

nice!! :shock:

anybody have any inner tire/shock clearance pics? now i am wondering if anything bigger would fit ...

Comment

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/04-05 ... wheels.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X