Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Response Type BIG BRAKE kit, 13 inches for non-turbo hubs :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have these suckers on Saturday. Stay tuned...Let's hope I can clear my coilovers with the wheels first haha.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

• Pics or ban, or it never happened.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
      1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
      2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

• NissanEgg;330508 wrote: Pics or ban, or it never happened.
        Duhhhhhhh, i gotz a dslr too for high quality brah.

Comment

• And I delivered. PM to you Paul...we gotz some minor issues.

The spacing for the caliper is off about an inch or so. This is me using my bolt on spacer and having the rotor sit out about 2 inches further on the studs so I could bolt the caliper in.

Edit: looked back at your diagram and I see the machine cut caliper mount is supposed to be on the other side. With the rotor all the way seated on the hub with no spacer you are still short. The Bolts come in just above the OEM Bracket and wouldn't reach to the machined bracket. Ill stop by the house one more time, flip it and take pictures. Going to take a break for now.

Comment

• Yea bracket goes on the other side of the ears... the radial holes are just a hair off center on the bracket, and as I recall it's the thicker side that touches the ear...

I'm going to verify and hammer an X into them or something to make it clearer

Comment

• Also on the caliper I was using one side the clearances were off and the brake pads don't slide well at all...it literally gets stuck. Can you give me a call when you get a chance with the # I Pm'd you.

Comment

• Verify the hub surface without the rotor is 82mm from the caliper ears (outside face)... and make sure the rotor isn't jamming on the bore, possible you could have just enough rust and crap on it to keep it from slipping on all the way?

I wish you had closer pics

Comment

• Look through my photobucket.

Comment

• ....and where is your bucket? *edit* nevermind found it

OK soooo, your factory wheel studs should be 35mm long (below the head) right now, the hub is 9-10mm thick and the rotor hat is 7mm... so with the rotor slipped on all the way, you should still have ~18mm of thread left

A normal wheel will make about 10mm inaccessible, and 6-7mm of thread might be ok by some shops, it's not by me, hence my requiremnent for upgraded studs

IT IS POSSIBLE you need to shave down the sides of your hub to fit inside the rotor, might be a lumpier casting than the one I mocked up originally (though I shaved mine round)

Comment

• G-E;330779 wrote: ....and where is your bucket?
                      http://s703.photobucket.com/user/300...?sort=3&page=1

all of the pictures are linked from there - you can just back into the main directory from any link

Comment

• Here's how things should look

I machined the hubs while playing around, I did measure the hats the I.D is slightly less than I specced... never noticed this

Bracket installed

Rotor slipped on.. note these are 87T studs, subtract 7mm from studs for an idea of how much non-turbo protrude

Caliper bolted on

From the inside

Spinning freely

Comment

• I bet the hub needs to be machined round....haha going to confirm that today.

Comment

• The inner diameter of the hat is 150mm... if you have large enough calipers or big squares you can check your hubs at their widest points

Comment

• 300zxturboftw;330882 wrote: I bet the hub needs to be machined round....haha going to confirm that today.
                              Confirmed. Hubs need to be lathed down to a circle...they are too wide with the hexagon. Sorry no pictures, I just took apart the hub again, test fit and reinstalled the old brakes/rotor.

Comment

• This brake kit still has a lot of potential, but what are you doing to correct?

Seemed the mission was to offer a Non-turbo hub brake kit. This isnt the case currently. Not being a dick, just trying to push to keep on track. This site needs more innovation.
                                86na - BlueZ
                                Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
                                85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Working...
                                X