Z32 NA 26mm Air Gap Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 NA 26mm Air Gap Calipers

What does the air gap refer to? How are they different from the other aluminum Z32 calipers (besides them being 26mm vs 30mm)

There is a 90NA at the junkyard and they only want $10 a piece for them, im assuming they are a direct fit if im using 87 Turbo hubs, wheel bearings and rotors?

Thanks in advance.
    1985 300zx
    VG33 PT-76 project taking shape

z

Comment

If Slip on rotors refer to the 87-89 Rotors then yes I have them.

zmech wrote: If you take apart the caliper and knock out the little inverted flare piece inside where the hose attaches, you can use your banjo fitting that is OEM on our cars.
      I really dont want to take apart the Caliper. Im assuming I can just get brake Lines from a Z32 (or one of the 240sx conversion kits) and I wont have to mess with anything else just bolt on and go?
      1985 300zx

Comment

Swoop those up man.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

z

Comment

85Turbo wrote: There is a 90NA at the junkyard and they only want $10 a piece for them,
            Damn Im assuming you were at Pearl Rd?
            I was just there last Friday and there were no Z32s so that must have been fresh.
            I feel kinda silly now I actually just bought a rebuilt & powdercoated set on Ebay for $240 shipped :?

Im with Zmech on this one rebuild them, its pretty easy. And I have an extra set of SS Z32 front brake lines if you want them.
            2005 whore magnet

Comment

[quote]SteveZ31 wrote:
              Originally posted by 85Turbo
              There is a 90NA at the junkyard and they only want $10 a piece for them,
              Damn Im assuming you were at Pearl Rd?
              I was just there last Friday and there were no Z32s so that must have been fresh.
              I feel kinda silly now I actually just bought a rebuilt & powdercoated set on Ebay for $240 shipped :?

Im with Zmech on this one rebuild them, its pretty easy. And I have an extra set of SS Z32 front brake lines if you want them.
              You guys make me so mad !!!!!!

I cant believe you found those......did I ever mention that I grew up in Cleveland (willoughby) and everytime I read a post like this...that new branch my company is opening there looks better and better, plus I can watch the browns lose every weekend ! HA!!!

10 bucks, even if they didnt work...you could get them and make like 600% profit on ebay with a 3 day listing....get em !!!
              Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

Todd, I would stay in Florida if I were you it gets to damn cold up here 8) .

I picked them up yesterday, they are in awesome condition even the pads looked pretty new!! I am just going to rebuild them as suggested, I already ordered a rebuild kit from Nissan.

thanks guys
                1985 300zx

Comment

Ok, with this link in mind http://www.princeton.edu/~asad/zbrakes/ which are the calipers that will bolt up to the stock 87-89 rotors? is it those 26mm ones? or the 30mm's Or will they all work and the 30's will just have to compress a little more?

Cause I just got these ones and dont know how wide they are yet.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/nissan-3 ... enameZWDVW
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Ok I got the calipers and had them rebuilt, and I got a pair of SS Z32 Brake lines but I have a little problem..tthe end of the brake line is a female fitting and where the line should be bolted in the caliper is also female? So unless I have the wrong brake lines I assume I need a fitting to attach the line to the caliper? but when I took the calipers off the car I dont remember removing anything from the caliper besides the brake line itself and the two mounting bolts so I am confused. Can anyone tell me what the part # is on here? http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/i ... 83_982_987
                    1985 300zx

Comment

zmech wrote: You answered it yourself. 26mm vice 30mm.
                      Direct fit if you have the slip on rotors which it looks like you have.
                      Hoses are the only thing.
                      If you take apart the caliper and knock out the little inverted flare piece inside where the hose attaches, you can use your banjo fitting that is OEM on our cars. Great time to put in new seals also. Save that little piece that you knock out. It should fit very well in the Z32 master cylinder should you decide to use that also. Note: May have to drill out the master just a tiny bit to fit that into it. I did
                      Man, I was about to PM you and ask you some stuff but it looks like you answered EVERY question I had in one single post BEFORE I even had the calipers! :shock: Except one. How did you pop out the little flare piece with out damaging it to reuse it in the TT master cyl.? I havnt tried yet but got it all apart and dont want to damage it trying to get it out.

THIS IS WHY YOU SEARCH PEOPLE!
                      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X