Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86 Turbo Strut tube on 87-89 pic request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Turbo Strut tube on 87-89 pic request.

If anyone swapped the 86 turbo strut tubes on to an 87-89 NA without changing the control arms, i would like to see a pic from multiple angles to judge how bad the camber would be. I am on a tight budget with this build and wont mind some neg camber where i will be driving.

NEED PIC OF 86 TURBO TUBE ON 87-89 NA WITH STOCK NA CONTROL ARMS.

Soon the bilsteins will be up front, then new tires for the BBS!

Thanks.

Are you thinking the strut tubes are going to change the camber?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

From what i understand, the length of the 86 strut tube is slightly different
      than the 87-89 do to the different control arm length and general geometry.
      So yea, I think the shorter 86 turbo tube will make the geometry different in conjunction with my longer control arms, creating a situation with more neg camber.

I just want to see if its acceptable before I go through the process next week.

Comment

:shock: I'll shut my mouth, i might be learning something

Comment

vagabond wrote: From what i understand, the length of the 86 strut tube is slightly different
          than the 87-89 do to the different control arm length and general geometry.
          So yea, I think the shorter 86 turbo tube will make the geometry different in conjunction with my longer control arms, creating a situation with more neg camber.

I just want to see if its acceptable before I go through the process next week.
          i have 85 tubes with 87 control arms.. the 87-89 arms are 10mm longer than the 84-86 arms.. the strut tube difference is the steering axis inclination.. the change in strut tubes are also between 84-86 and 87-89..

i dont have any pictures of my car, but the last time i had an alignment i had exactly 1.2 degrees of negative camber.. in my opinion its a very good compromise for street driving.. i will do this on every Z that i own.

Comment

Thats what i thought... Do you have stock wheels? If so I'd appreciate a pic, if you have time.

My BBS wheels are 8" up front and with be rolling on 225/45 sneakers. So the contact patch should be adequate.

Comment

vagabond wrote: Thats what i thought... Do you have stock wheels? If so I'd appreciate a pic, if you have time.

My BBS wheels are 8" up front and with be rolling on 225/45 sneakers. So the contact patch should be adequate.
              i had it like that with stock wheels.. now i have 17X9 +24 with a 7mm spacer and longer studs.. it shouldnt matter, camber is camber regardless of wheels. i dont think 1.2 degrees is really enough to worry about a reduced contact patch due to the tire standing on its edge.. i found a couple pictures of my car with the new wheels.. i dont have a place to upload them, so PM me with your email and ill send them..

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

86 strut tubes / 87 control arms
                  (Chris86NA2T)

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the pic, now I know what I am looking forward to as well.

Comment

As soon as the ground dries up I'll put my assemblies on the car and take a pic with the stock wheels for reference.

I also need to roll my fenders before I put the new tires on the BBS wheels.

Comment

Working...
                      X