quick ratio steering knuckles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick ratio steering knuckles...

would have 15% smaller turning radius on the knuckle, the actual height of the piece would keep everything stock otherwise... but I can whip up some spacers for this easily now once everything gets the go ahead

who's interested?

hmm how much where you thinking of charging??? i thought these were to just get rid of the twitch you get when you go over a bump on a lowered car?

Comment

I don't know price yet, I'm waiting to hear back...

the purpose of these is to steer quicker, less steering wheel turn for the same wheel turn.... bump spacers add height to the strut or knuckle, they move the control arm down to allow more upward travel with increasing negative camber

once past level the control arm will start to go positive again, so the idea of a spacer is to keep you in negative just a little longer

btw jason mentioned the ackerman angle in an email, something I completely forgot about, so I plotted the differences and it came to about 12 degrees more than the stock knuckle, which might be a tad much, so I redesigned the tierod bracket, as well as created the bump spacer ....

Comment

I'm your huckleberry. Count me in.

This solves 2 issues I am wanting to address.

Ill pay up front for test units so let me know.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I assume they going to have a tapered hole to accomidate both the balljoints that wedge into them, right?

I was just drawing those bump steer spacers a few days ago, guess I don't need to now. Like I said, run with the idea... I think it could be a very beneficial mod. Let's see some prototypes.
          Attached Files

Comment

yes the holes are tapered, I measured thrice, I was doing it in stages of refinement

anyway the ackreman and base knuckle height is stock, as is the tapered bores and material thickness for the balljoint and tierod, only some positions have changed

good thing is I've gotten back into the cad stuff after all these years... think about something, I originally learned autocad 10 (3MB) and stopped using it around 12 (25MB).... once or twice I had to jump back in and modify building plans with acad 14 or 2k but I almost completely forgot how to use it by then so even that was a struggle

people I deal with mostly use solidedge, and I've seen it in operation it is slick... but that would mean reading tutorials and playing around for months before I would be as proficient as I am in acad/proge

Comment

Count me in, anything to improve autoX handleing.
              ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Count me in. Anything to improve my Z. I had quick steering knuckles on my 240z. It'd only be fair to get them for my Z31, right?
                378whp 445wtq
                http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

looks like it's going to be a couple weeks before anything happens with them, I'll try to clean up the schematic a bit, simplify some planes and intersections in the meantime...

Comment

G-E wrote: looks like it's going to be a couple weeks before anything happens with them, I'll try to clean up the schematic a bit, simplify some planes and intersections in the meantime...
                    For me it's no rush. Just try not to discombobulate the matrix of the x & y axis in relationship to the selenium core's algorithm.

:?
                    378whp 445wtq

Comment

that's not fair, I would never upset the dynamic balance of the anionic merge planes

Comment

G-E wrote: that's not fair, I would never upset the dynamic balance of the anionic merge planes
                        :lol: lol
                        378whp 445wtq

Comment

Working...
                        X