Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe its me but my suspension feels like..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe its me but my suspension feels like..

I feel every single bump in the road.. I drive an Audi A4 as well and most newer cars don't have this feel. Last I remember all my suspension was kyb components and I think original springs (I drive an SS). What would I be able to do to eliminate this feel.. maybe it's supposed to be this way? Thought i'd ask. I'm also running on tires 205-55-16, maybe this is part of my problem? I'm soon going to be upgrading to 18' with Falken 452's.

most people look for this, a firm suspensio. the size of the tires doesnt really matter, but the tires themself do. your springs are pretty firm. so to eliminate your "problem" get softer springs and downgrade your suspension. cheap autoparts springs and shocks should do it.
    Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

Comment

KYB are junk, so replace them with tokico or bilstein. Taller tires will smooth out the bumps, but too stiff of a sidewall will transmit more bumps, so don't get too small of a sidewall.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

my audi feels like an old buick after I've driven my Z a few days. why do you want your Z to drive like an old buick?
        1988 300ZX Turbo SS
        2000 BMW 323Ci
        2003 BMW 325XiT

Comment

Driving on normal roads its totally fine just if I hit any kind of bump I really feel it. Would the blisteins or tokico's make that much of a difference? Overall it's not that it bothers me that i'm feeling bumps but more like it feels like something is wrong.

Comment

aehs01 wrote: Driving on normal roads its totally fine just if I hit any kind of bump I really feel it. Would the blisteins or tokico's make that much of a difference? Overall it's not that it bothers me that i'm feeling bumps but more like it feels like something is wrong.
            tokico illimunas would help, they are adjustable and at about a #2 setting it feels like a caddy. LOL
            Gone - 1988 Shiro
            2004 BMW 330Ci
            2005 BMW 330i
            1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
            http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Sell me your springs and buy some non-turbo springs from a local parts store. SS springs were stiffer than normal turbo springs. Shocks help too.
              My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
              My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
              207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Nivo, did you get my vm? Wanted to ask you your suggestions for those wheel specs i'll be ordering them from Adriano. Also what pricing he gave you because I know he said they were cheaper because of this forum.

Comment

aehs01 wrote: Nivo, did you get my vm? Wanted to ask you your suggestions for those wheel specs i'll be ordering them from Adriano. Also what pricing he gave you because I know he said they were cheaper because of this forum.
                  yup..

This forum's price is $1220.00 with the Falken 452 tires in 18inch.

if you lower the car 1" or lower a +35mm offset in the rear works as you won't be rubbing on the fender edge.

a +30mm sits nicely and if you have a fender lip roller you can do a +25mm offset on the rear.

the fronts will require the +20mm offset.

(this is for the wider track suspension)
                  Gone - 1988 Shiro
                  2004 BMW 330Ci
                  2005 BMW 330i
                  1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                  http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Firehawk wrote: KYB are junk, so replace them with tokico or bilstein. Taller tires will smooth out the bumps, but too stiff of a sidewall will transmit more bumps, so don't get too small of a sidewall.
                    There's nothing wrong with KYB shocks. They are the number 1 ranked shock in Japan, unless you start talking about Tein and Cusco dampers used in the coilover. But for a standalone shock I think they are great. The Z31 has Tokico's on it as stock shocks so I don't see the point in putting them on. I'm running KYB shocks and King 1" lowered springs and yes it's as hard as shit but it also handles. Want a luxury car go buy one, want a car that handles you're going to have to trade ride comfort for handling.

My 2c worth

Comment

if you can you should try to get the king's spring rate measured for the north americans interested in options

Comment

How are all the bushings?
                        imagination is a virtue

Comment

G-E wrote: if you can you should try to get the king's spring rate measured for the north americans interested in options
                          Organising that for you at the moment.

Comment

zed-031 wrote: There's nothing wrong with KYB shocks. They are the number 1 ranked shock in Japan, unless you start talking about Tein and Cusco dampers used in the coilover. But for a standalone shock I think they are great. The Z31 has Tokico's on it as stock shocks so I don't see the point in putting them on. I'm running KYB shocks and King 1" lowered springs and yes it's as hard as shit but it also handles. Want a luxury car go buy one, want a car that handles you're going to have to trade ride comfort for handling.
                            I am talking about aftermarket shocks, since hardly anyone goes back with stock nissan shocks. KYB are really cheap, and have too high of a failure rate, to the point where I will not install them on customers cars. The most recent example was a customer that had kyb's installed for three months, and complained of how the car rode. I replaced them with tokico blue's, and they were happy. I imagine that the op is having similar issues.
                            Chuck Stong
                            300+ Parts and Performance owner
                            http://www.300-plus.com
                            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

[quote]zed-031 wrote:
                              Originally posted by G-E:eec85
                              if you can you should try to get the king's spring rate measured for the north americans interested in options
                              Organising that for you at the moment.[/quote:eec85]

King Spring rates

F 190lb/"
                              R 180-300lb/" progressive

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X