Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, geez, my first post. Opinion please on optimum tire size

I have asked both Jason and Russ this question. So now I throw it out to
    the rest of you. What is the ideal tire size for both front and rear for a Z31
    producing about 400 RWHP? The car is an occasional "daily driver" with one
    or two trips to the drags and a couple auto-cross events per year.

ideal tire size depends on the rim

ideal rim size depends on price and intended surface

ideal rim width depends on intended surface

but I'll throw out a number that I myself jumped on, 16x8 +22 enkei's when I have the money 245/45-ZR16, mmmm meat is good

Comment

Not related to the topic, but you'll be sorry to hear that one of your headlight louvers has gone to the grave. It met it's demise at the mercy of one particularily insideous yellow school bus.....I'm sorry...

http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80
      It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: Not related to the topic, but you'll be sorry to hear that one of your headlight louvers has gone to the grave. It met it's demise at the mercy of one particularily insideous yellow school bus.....I'm sorry...

You didn't have to tell him! Now I feel even worse about it.

Edit: to the matter at hand, I said 285's with a good compound tire and LSD should be enough to control straight-line wheelspin with that power level.

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: Not related to the topic, but you'll be sorry to hear that one of your headlight louvers has gone to the grave. It met it's demise at the mercy of one particularily insideous yellow school bus.....I'm sorry...

LMAO.

I must have missed that post. Im still cracking up. Sory Jason but you should have know better than to put louvers on a fire breathing dragon like your Z. ....Still laughing....sorry man.

They didnt look bad but...no. Not on your car man.

still laughing as I picture the bus and the louvers...must stop to breathe///....out
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Not related to the topic, but you'll be sorry to hear that one of your headlight louvers has gone to the grave.
            Yeah, me too. You know that those are no longer
            made, but before I sold them I made a template just in case I wanted to
            make a set for myself.

Comment

You sir, are a genius. If I ever land a nice early car I'm going to want a set.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
              1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
              1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
              2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
              2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Working...
              X