coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coilovers

hey guys i read a while back now that someone was in the middle of producing some coilovers for our z31's :lol: . i was just askin if anyone knew what i'm talkin about. and if so, how things/progress have been goin? thanx guys
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

No progress because company is super slammed with orders.

AE86 (which has similar strut design) has priority, and then we're next.

Check again in 6 months.
    sigpic

Comment

Butter wrote: No progress because company is super slammed with orders.

AE86 (which has similar strut design) has priority, and then we're next.

Check again in 6 months.
      patiently waiting
      Gone - 1988 Shiro
      2004 BMW 330Ci
      2005 BMW 330i
      1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
      http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

yep waiting here too
        Funny stories!

Comment

Sigh... Waiting. :?

Comment

thanx guys. i think they should have picked the z first condisdering there is not much out on the market for our cars unlike the AE86(which has tons :evil: ) oh well i can wait
            Originally posted by Racinjitter
            :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
            ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

nismo kid wrote: thanx guys. i think they should have picked the z first condisdering there is not much out on the market for our cars unlike the AE86(which has tons :evil: ) oh well i can wait
              HAHAHAHA there in lays the reason they picked the ae86. They may get a whopping 4 people to buy coilovers for the z as to where they will probably get hundreds to buy them for the AE86. Which would you do first?
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

another six months :evil: oh well, will continue to wait, but at least it is getting done. Props to you for getting this in the works. I cant find the old post, wasn't the price range for the kit going to be something like 1200 to 1400?

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

-AE86 coilovers were made. These coilovers failed destructive tests, so more AE86 coilover spindle assemblies were made by the same factory that does the OEM struts.
                  -new AE86 coilovers now in testing.

The reason this will take awhile is the strict quality control standards that must be met when dealing with the U.S. market. This isn't some fly-by-night ebay bullshit. When they come out, I think you will be very impressed with the quality.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was told by local D2 Racing dealer that they make custom coilovers for order.
                    First time they asked minimum of 10 people needed to make an order. Last week i was told that 5 people are needed.

Anyone intrested to contact US D2 office and ask about doing coilover there?
                    Also brake setups can be ordered custom..
                    Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                    Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                    http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Sigh...
                      Had something been mentioned before I blew a wad of cash on a set of Nismo wheels I'd have been in for a set.
                      At this point I'm willing to wait. :cry:

As for brakes. ArizonaZcar has Wilwood 4 and 6 piston brake kits for the Z31. (also on the list of need to gets) :wink:

Comment

cheezmonta wrote: Sigh...
                        Had something been mentioned before I blew a wad of cash on a set of Nismo wheels I'd have been in for a set.
                        At this point I'm willing to wait. :cry:

As for brakes. ArizonaZcar has Wilwood 4 and 6 piston brake kits for the Z31. (also on the list of need to gets) :wink:
                        only if you like using Wilwood's selection of pads

I prefer calipers that have support of all the major pad manufacturers, such as Brembo, AP Racing and Alcon

Comment

Wilwood has a fairly wide selection of pads and the prices are pretty good. Anywhere from $8-$70 a pad depending on the type.

Comment

Andrevas wrote: only if you like using Wilwood's selection of pads

I prefer calipers that have support of all the major pad manufacturers, such as Brembo, AP Racing and Alcon
                            Wilwood does have a decent selection of their own pads. But other people make pads that fit them. They are not proprietary.
                            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

You could easily adapt a set of wilwood (or other aftermarket) calipers to a Z31 with simple bracketry.
                              http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Working...
                              X