No announcement yet.

coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if it's so simple then why don't you guys make these "simple" brackets and kits then... :roll:

Comment

I will be all over them when they come out.
      1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

where do we stand on the coilovers?
        Daily:
        09 2.5SL Altima Grey
        08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
        11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
        Z31s:
        88t Grey
        86t Pewter

Comment

utjon wrote: where do we stand on the coilovers?
          No updates = no new news. If you want to know where we stand, read the thread again.
          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

I noticed two things with the z31 market, there's always a few people who will jump on a new product in the beginning, then as time goes by people who were skeptical eventually relent and start considering it

but by then there are new products out from different sources, and these people now waffle back and forth trying to decide what to do and either they randomly* pick one based on uniqueness/reputation or feedback/recommendations...

and a new batch of early adopters forms to pick the latest developments to repeat the cycle

600yrs ago the educated people knew the earth was flat, but then someone managed to go around it and that all changed.... just like at one time everyone knew ss springs and tokico illuminas were the best suspension, then came tss and jason with new custom higher rate springs....

didn't someone once sing about "coilover** dreaming"? :P

* - silly fickle owners
            ** - chadddap

Comment

Most of my interest stems from needing something at a particular time and looking for options. I know I *need* suspension for one of the cars I have really badly, and I will be doing something about it by the end of the year. I always seem to buy something and shortly there after what I really wanted comes out. I guess I could use some patience.
              Daily:
              09 2.5SL Altima Grey
              08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
              11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
              Z31s:
              88t Grey
              86t Pewter

Comment

I'm interested in getting one for sure. Anyone know which company is making the coilovers?

Comment

milo wrote: I'm interested in getting one for sure. Anyone know which company is making the coilovers?
                  yes, the company is known. their kits are out there for a select few cars.

they don't put out junk. and butters is nice enough to give in his input to the project.
                  Gone - 1988 Shiro
                  2004 BMW 330Ci
                  2005 BMW 330i
                  1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                  http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

any updates butter

Comment

Ground-Control up in Shingle Springs, CA has done a coil-over for a z31 .. AE model.
                      I'm looking into it .. will investigate it more and if convinced .. will probably get it done Nov-Dec timeframe.

As for Willwood kit for a z31? Where can I find out more info? I was thinking special 1-off Willwood a few years ago (had a racing friend w/connections) .. but if a kit is available .. ??

Also .. a z32 Big Brake available too for the z31??

Hmm .. this may be a consideration too ?? I guess I'll be searching ....
                      '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                      PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

arizona z car had some big brake package, might be ap racing or wilwood, don't remember... not cheap though, 6 piston caliper setups never are

Comment

The fronts will be based on 85 strut casings as I believe you can use them on any Z31. Does anybody see any issues with that? Must verify.
                          sigpic

Comment

^^^^I dont see any real problems with that. I think that the SAI will be a little off?
                            Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
                            Originally posted by BoostedMamma
                            Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Sounds good
                              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

extra negative camber for the 87's

now would be the perfect opportunity to design them with an extra drop for the knuckle, so you wouldn't need bump steer spacers

Comment

Working...
                                X