coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-E wrote: extra negative camber for the 87's

now would be the perfect opportunity to design them with an extra drop for the knuckle, so you wouldn't need bump steer spacers
    I thought that it would give about -.5* camber for the 87+. But wasnt sure. And that is a perfect suggestion about the bump steer spacers.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

I don't think that's a good idea, it will be too heavy to lengthen that section. Aluminum spacer is best.
      sigpic

Comment

Butter wrote: I don't think that's a good idea, it will be too heavy to lengthen that section. Aluminum spacer is best.
        obviously people who buy >25lbs wheels care, but I suppose you're right, it will cost more though

Comment

So am I correct in saying all brakes and hubs will bolt onto these?
          sigpic

Comment

Butter wrote: So am I correct in saying all brakes and hubs will bolt onto these?
            YESSIR!
            Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
            Originally posted by BoostedMamma
            Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

[quote]Racinjitter wrote:
              Originally posted by Butter
              So am I correct in saying all brakes and hubs will bolt onto these?
              YESSIR!
              With the above in mind and accurate then you definately have my attention. Also, with this in mind, then who in their right mind would care abotu extra wheight? If you have 25lb wheels then you are wooried about wieght in the wrong places.
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Reason is because I'm not going to force this company to put out an inferior product because people want to save a couple bucks.
                sigpic

Comment

I already am a little disappointed in my Bilsteins and Tokicos after riding in my buddies s13. I'm def in for coilovers.

Comment

What are the options for adjustabilty? Ride height? Rebound? Dampening? Are we to use the ground control camber plates with these or are there other alternatives.

What about the rear shock tower. Are we left to reinforce those on out own or has it been determined that area is strong enough to support the load.

Comment

vagabond wrote: What are the options for adjustabilty? Ride height? Rebound? Dampening? Are we to use the ground control camber plates with these or are there other alternatives.

What about the rear shock tower. Are we left to reinforce those on out own or has it been determined that area is strong enough to support the load.
                      i think most coilovers you can adjust height and dfampening , i dont think rebound is necesary . i believe that is more for off-road cars. and s13/s14? camber plates fit , just one of the 3 mounting holes have to be slotted out a little ....

and plenty of people have mounted theyre coilovers in the shock position without failure , but i remember seeing one failure of the bottom mount..

Comment

These will be a total bolt in affair with original camber plates and pillowball. Damping will be tuned to 10k/8k rates and will have adjustability from there.
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote]Beck wrote:
                          Originally posted by 2+2turbo
                          i dont think rebound is necesary . i believe that is more for off-road cars.Go drive something that is adjustable separately for compression and rebound. Turn compression all the way up and take out all the rebound. You will be very unhappy, no matter what the surface is. It gets worse the stiffer your springs are.
                          yeah i am sure you are correct . what i was trying to imply is that i dont think for costs sake we need separate adjustment ,a simple knob adjustment like tokico iluminas have should suffice for most if not all .. i think i worded it wrong, sorry :-D .

Comment

Having more adjustment is better than not. I will always prefer the option.

Comment

What is the eta on when they will be released. I leave for basic in 8 days and that means no updates plus I'm gonna try and find another Z once I get to A school.

Comment

Butter wrote: Reason is because I'm not going to force this company to put out an inferior product because people want to save a couple bucks.
                                I think you misunderstood my intentions there. Perhaps I didn't make it very clear as I re-read it, but I am very much in agreement with your above statement. Weight/cost really shouldn't be a consideration over quality.
                                Just stand back and throw money.
                                Performance costs money.
                                Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Working...
                                X