No announcement yet.

coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If cost is a factor, a set of Bilsteins, Z3R springs and some GC camber plates should suffice for you. Add up that total and ask yourself if the set of coilovers with appropriate adjustability sound too expensive.

If there is only going to be one set of coilovers available for this damn car they better be the cats meow.

Comment

With the GC-Shingle Springs setup. The DO need the OEM components to modify. I talked with the guy who owned the AE (GC-Shingle Springs referral) who has the set up.

My impression was that the owner mailed/shipped his components to GC .. GC did the mod and shipped/mailed the "coil overs" back to the owner for install. The AE guys says .. the product is good, but workman ship wasn't the best. He said he needed to make some grinds on the welds because they rubbed and caused pre-mature wearing of his tires ...

My intent is to leave my Z at the shop .. let them do the work. What I'm concerned with is getting her back "looking" as nice as I left her? I don't want my interior (back end) trashed because they don't know what they're doing .. and at this point, I don't intend to remove all the interior panels myself ...

So .. as I get more information and get to know these guys .. I'll either develop confidence in them or not (I've been give a great price ... and no I'm not going to quote it.)
      '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
      PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

z

Comment

zmech wrote: inqui-z-tor
          I have done Wilwood on the Z31 and if interested, contact me.

Butter
          WOW! 10k and 8k. That is tight and perfect for a drift car but us old guys will not be able to handle that. Mine with S14 setup has 9k and 8k and they are tight as hell. I bet I can tell you the difference of a penny and a dime on the road. So with that said, are they going to offer different spring rates other than that listed??
          if they are standard spring sizes, then eibach/gc/qa1/etc will all be able to supply you

Comment

Achew wrote: i read on some site that the s13 coilovers will fit on the z31s wit some minor tuning.
            omgz noone has ever thought of that!! they must be bolton i mean look at how they mount!! zomg zomg
            1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

zmech wrote: i
              So with that said, are they going to offer different spring rates other than that listed??
              1 down and 1 up rates shoud be availible.
              sigpic

Comment

when are these gonna be out...???? kinda curious cuz if theyre not gonna take like a year ill wait for them rather than doing the S13 conversion which i was planning for around marchish...

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
                Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack...end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Comment

[quote]Achew wrote: [quote=OK85ZX]
                  Originally posted by Achew
                  i read on some site that the s13 coilovers will fit on the z31s wit some minor tuning.

omgz noone has ever thought of that!! they must be bolton i mean look at how they mount!! zomg zomg
                  You should bolt on a new brian, just stfu
                  Who's Brian? :lol:

Comment

[quote]Achew wrote: [quote=OK85ZX]
                    Originally posted by Achew
                    i read on some site that the s13 coilovers will fit on the z31s wit some minor tuning.

You should bolt on a new brian, just stfu

Well, if you say so....

Here's a new brian...

How do I bolt it on? :quoi
                    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Working...
                    X