No announcement yet.

few questions about camber mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry about the crappy pic. all you do is put your bolt through the stock hole and predrill through the small one for your new one. the instructions in the kit are wrong. you only use the template on the outside hole and move the control arm down to the new one and use it to guide the bit for the inside one. if you follow the instructions, the holes will be level and will not allow for the tilt of the control arm caused by moving it down. the bolts he supplies(after6tuning) are the wrong size too and i ended up using the original bolts.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Matt89 wrote: sorry about the crappy pic. all you do is put your bolt through the stock hole and predrill through the small one for your new one. the instructions in the kit are wrong. you only use the template on the outside hole and move the control arm down to the new one and use it to guide the bit for the inside one. if you follow the instructions, the holes will be level and will not allow for the tilt of the control arm caused by moving it down. the bolts he supplies(after6tuning) are the wrong size too and i ended up using the original bolts.
      I have the same kit. So you are saying that you only drill the outter hole with the template and not use the template on the inner hole?

Comment

when you move the control arm down, it causes the arm to sit at a downward angle. to make everything line up, the inner hole must be slightly higher than the outer. to get around this, after6tuning uses smaller standard size bolts that are at least 1 mm smaller than the oem ones. what i did was use his template but make the large hole bigger to fit the factory bolt.

mikez - the right way to do it would be to use the template to drill the outer hole. then bolt your control arm to the inner shackle(where alignment is done) and move the outer one down and line it up with your new hole. use the new hole and the bushing in the shackle to guide your drill bit when drilling the inner hole.
        Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
        Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

It does not make it adjustable, it's just an adjustment of a pre-determined amount...

Comment

Working...
          X