Question about strut bar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about strut bar!!!

Does anyone know why the rear strut bar from Courtesy Nissan costs only 50.00 and the cusco one is 150,00...???
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

yea because it's not cusco

anymore stupid questions?

Comment

Yeah!!! Okay!!!

Why such the snobbish remark... it is just a question!!!

Some of us don't know...ass!!!
      87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

You would think that Courtesy would only stock good quality items. Maybe someone on this forum will chime in if they bought one from Courtesy. I remember a few weeks ago somebody on here said that they had ordered one.

Comment

p_bagnano wrote: You would think that Courtesy would only stock good quality items. Maybe someone on this forum will chime in if they bought one from Courtesy. I remember a few weeks ago somebody on here said that they had ordered one.
          If someone here posted they ordered one, then you can use the search function and find where they said that. Then you can PM them or use email.
          http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Like Steve suggested, search for the post of the person who bought the MSA bar and see what their impressions are. You have to remember that you are also going to pay a little more for the Cusco name.

Comment

Allrighty then!!!

Thanx guys!!! I'll do just that!!!

The only reason I asked if there was some type of science behind the price!!!

I mean that it is just a bar and mounting plates...for a $150.00 I can make my own, but for 50.00 I cannot!!!
              87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

It is a valid question to ask here. BUT, I think there is some info on both floating in this forum/site and you should do some more legwork yourself before asking a blanket question.
                http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

i've ordered one, should be here monday.

i'll post pictures and give my thoughts on it.

Comment

Re: Allrighty then!!!

DMANN wrote: Thanx guys!!! I'll do just that!!!

The only reason I asked if there was some type of science behind the price!!!

I mean that it is just a bar and mounting plates...for a $150.00 I can make my own, but for 50.00 I cannot!!!
                    You could still make your own for less than 50 dollars if you wanted to.
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

ok I just unwrapped mine.

first impressions:

the welds seem quickly done, and not cleaned up...don't be surprised if you have to grind a bit off to make it sit flush. When I find my camera I'll take a pic. It looks to me this was either done by your average welder in a hurry, or by somebody who just finished a high school metals class.

the connecting bar is much better done, probably because it's the chrome part that everybody looks at. the plating seems alright, but time will be the real test.

the fasteners look to be chrome plated, which is to be expected...no fancy grade 8 stuff, but you don't really need it either.

overall, for $50 I'd say go for it! like I said you may need to grind a bit of "oops" due to the welding, but if you can't make one yourself $50 and 5 minutes of work is much better than the $150 cusco one.

Comment

Comments

Well, that answers that!!
                        The metal around here is expensive, I suppose I could fab something up but, wound not look as nice{crome part}...
                        Thanx
                        87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Could the Courtesy bar be made to work on a 2+2? I don't see why not.

Who makes a front bar for an 97+?
                          I remember Firehawk had one in the works...
                          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

97+???

Hope you mean 87+!!!
                            The listing never mentioned 2+2 or coupe!!!
                            I know the 2+2 is a bit wider but not that much.....far as the front cusco or make your own???

Have to ask Firehawk if any progress has been made..............
                            87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

oops sorry yeah 87+.
                              Can somebody confirm that the 2+2 is wider?
                              My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                              My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                              207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
                              X