Line lock on front brakes????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line lock on front brakes????

I know some of you guys have been forced to do the line lock on the rear z32 calipers.

However, how many of you have a line lock on the front brakes? Normally you can just use one solenoid for cars with an external proprotioning valve. But the z31 or z32 if you use that master cylender. has the proportioning valve in the master cylinder right? Followed the lines and didnt see and external one. So then does this mean you would have to get TWO line lock solenoids, one for each front line and then just wire them together on the same switch? Can anyone think of a way to do it with one solenoid while retaning the proportion of the front brakes? Meaning, no teeing them together then going into the solenoid then teeing them back out to go to each caliper.

Can you install ONE line lock on just one front wheel? Think that would hold the car while doing a burn out on slicks???
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

i looked into this years ago and i came to the same conclusion. i dont think its gonna be possible without using 2.

Comment

I just did this on a friend's 350z using electric line locks from Jegs (2). They are relatively easy to install and mount once you figured out how you want to plumb the lines. The 350z ECU cuts fuel to the engine once the brake pedal is applied, so burnouts were basically non-existent. He is able to heat up both slicks really good while the car stands still now.

We setup an arming switch on the dash, and then an actual activation switch on the shift knob. I would consider putting the switch on the knob; it will just make it much easier and a smoother transition when you are at the line.

Comment

SATAN wrote: Can you install ONE line lock on just one front wheel? Think that would hold the car while doing a burn out on slicks???
        All you can do is try, but I'm pretty sure you're going to end up doing "donuts".

Comment

I had this same discussion with a friend of mine about a week ago. We decided you'd either have to use two, or, be ghetto and line lock the rear wheels. Lock lines with NO pressure in them and hold the brakes like a normal burnout, that way when you transition from clutch to brake you don't have to worry about stalling the rear spinning. I don't know if that makes sense at all, sorry. That'd be the dumb way to do it i guess. I don't think I'd want to try a burnout with only one tire locked, i think the car would want to slide/spin/twist pretty bad.

Also, I thought if you pulled the ABS fuse a z33 would do a normal burnout? I remember hearing that somewhere...probably wrong.
          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: Also, I thought if you pulled the ABS fuse a z33 would do a normal burnout? I remember hearing that somewhere...probably wrong.
            Thats true, but the majority of 350 guys don't feel comfortable going down the track without ABS.

Comment

i don'tknow if it'll help , but nprmally when i would do a burnout , i would barely hold the brake with my left foot while flooring with my right . im sure with superr sticky slicks this becomes a harder task.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: I had this same discussion with a friend of mine about a week ago. We decided you'd either have to use two, or, be ghetto and line lock the rear wheels. Lock lines with NO pressure in them and hold the brakes like a normal burnout, that way when you transition from clutch to brake you don't have to worry about stalling the rear spinning. I don't know if that makes sense at all, sorry. That'd be the dumb way to do it i guess. I don't think I'd want to try a burnout with only one tire locked, i think the car would want to slide/spin/twist pretty bad.

Also, I thought if you pulled the ABS fuse a z33 would do a normal burnout? I remember hearing that somewhere...probably wrong.
                No! this is actually a good Idea. Holding the pedal isnt a problem for me. The problem is having the rears try to lock up. So this may be an option.
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: I had this same discussion with a friend of mine about a week ago. We decided you'd either have to use two, or, be ghetto and line lock the rear wheels. Lock lines with NO pressure in them and hold the brakes like a normal burnout, that way when you transition from clutch to brake you don't have to worry about stalling the rear spinning.
                  that's exactly what I was going to suggest, you get a cookie

Comment

Great idea

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Thats true, but the majority of 350 guys don't feel comfortable going down the track without ABS.
                      Really? Does pulling that fuse cause unusually odd pedal feel or something? I don't even like ABS (given, i've never driven a car with particularly good ABS).
                      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
                      X