improper wear out of front tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improper wear out of front tires

front end toe adjustments are made with the tie rod.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Get the alignment (buy a lifetime policy if you are going to keep the car) and the numbers will tell you what is wrong. Bad toe will cause more wear than anything, but if something else is way out of spec, you will need to fix it.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I just fixed the front alignment on an audi, due to the fact that the body curves and the rear wheels toe-in it's hard to get it perfect

as it is I did it manually and got it really close but will still wander a bit on off-camber roads.... part of the problem is I have no perfectly flat surfaces/roads to adjust it on and its a matter of trying to average what you feel driving and what you see

Comment

Firehawk wrote: Get the alignment (buy a lifetime policy if you are going to keep the car) and the numbers will tell you what is wrong.
        Who still offers the lifetime alignments? Firestone was the last one I knew of and I thought they dropped that.
        http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

z

Comment

Shouldve taken some pictures of my rear tyres before I got them replaced, has the bad camber & completely wore away the insides of them. Wish you could just flip em around & that way I would have perfectly good rubber on them. :P

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
            1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Adman85zx wrote: Shouldve taken some pictures of my rear tyres before I got them replaced, has the bad camber & completely wore away the insides of them. Wish you could just flip em around & that way I would have perfectly good rubber on them. :P
              you can generally.... but some new designs have a stiffer outer sidewall and softer inner to help with camber wear

Comment

Firestone stores nation wide offer lifetime alignment. They are $149.99 normally, but you can find coupons and sales that give you $20 off.

Comment

Working...
                X