anyone with a roll bar/cage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with a roll bar/cage?

bout to make one i know how i can make my own an have it look good but am wondering what other people have done where they ositioned mounts what they would do diffrent or not like.

in my old car i went to floorboard behind the seat and it ended up interfearing with the sealt leaning back.. so i dont reccomend that what other things do you people reccomend?

there's a compoany that makes a cage and its pretty cheap too!

maybe somebody can chime in with the name of the company cause i forgot it ops:

Comment

s%w race cars

they have a website but i am lazy
      Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

http://www.swracecars.com/index.asp
        That one perhaps?
        My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
        My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
        207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

http://www.swracecars.com/shopping/shop ... asp?page=9

its the fourth one down. this is the 8 point, i didnt check but i thing they make a 10 point too.
          Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
          Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

I'm going to be making a 4 point one just for the rear end. I'll post up some pics once it's completed.
            Funny stories!

Comment

They do make a 10 point.

The more you can weld it to the car the better. You can see, I have it welded to the roof and to my A pillars. This is better for chassis reinforcement. Also make sure that any where you weld to the car that you weld a 6" x 6" plate of .125 thick steel first then weld to that. Otherwise the cage will pucture the unibody like a seringe sp? when you roll it or wreck it, and it wont be as stiff anyways.

If you are going to put a cage in, I would put the main hoop where the B pillar is (makes it impossible to recline) but this makes it the strongest for the car, safest too.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I have the S&W 10 pt in my car modified for my dastardly special requirements. Get it, it's super.
                sigpic

Comment

I think SATAN has the same gear knob as me!

Bet if I put a cage in my car it wouldnt last much longer on the road lol... damn coppers.

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
                  1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

satan, you may laugh at me for this question, but can you fit a radio in the stock location with that cage?

Comment

Chris86NA2T wrote: satan, you may laugh at me for this question, but can you fit a radio in the stock location with that cage?
                      Yes, but you need to cut out part of the top of the tunnel so the cross tube fits down inside it. I left my cross tube out for now because I was running out of time.
                      sigpic

Comment

[quote]Butter wrote:
                        Originally posted by Chris86NA2T
                        satan, you may laugh at me for this question, but can you fit a radio in the stock location with that cage?
                        Yes, but you need to cut out part of the top of the tunnel so the cross tube fits down inside it. I left my cross tube out for now because I was running out of time.
                        I just said fuck the radio and ran the tube straight across.

Comment

so how difficult id it to assemble this cage?on a scale 1-10 (i have been welding for about 4.5 yrs now) so you just run beads correct? thanx guys
                          Originally posted by Racinjitter
                          :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                          ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Someone with about 30 mins of mig experience can weld the cage together. Thats not the hard part. The hard part is cutting, shaping and leveling everything perfect OH and removing the interior and then putting it back in.

I took the time and tig welded mine, but they say that tig is not neccisary.

The hardest part in welding the 10pt cage is up by the top of the windshield. You will need to mig that because there is no way to fit a tig torch and filler rod in there.

Comment

so the one from http://www.swracecars.com you have to cut right? i'm shoppin around cause i dnt have the money for the one from msa :?
                              Originally posted by Racinjitter
                              :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                              ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Working...
                              X