Brakes working too good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boosted300 View Post
    You know I was thinking the exact same thing...I might have missed it, but it seems that's something no one here has really done?

I have a friend with a pretty radical S130 and he has the Z32 front and rears...I asked him about the rears and he said he just had to make a bracket...

Is it just not that simple for us?

With 87+ RCAs the Z32 calipers are bolt on, but you lose your ebrake, if that matters. For those that care, the STi rear Brembos also bolt on.
    Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

Originally posted by jaqattack02
      I have a simple solution for the z32 rears including keeping the ebrake. The issue is that it uses M30 or R31 skyline parts, neither of which are all that easy to come by.
      JDM Miami is right by my house and I know the owner...is it anything they might have?

Comment

I'll try to put more info tomorrow when I'm at a computer. I have the parts and am planning to do a write up at some point.

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

You know I was thinking the exact same thing...I might have missed it, but it seems that's something no one here has really done?

I have a friend with a pretty radical S130 and he has the Z32 front and rears...I asked him about the rears and he said he just had to make a bracket...

Is it just not that simple for us?
          Alex made some weld on brackets for a rear setup. I am not saying its hard to do, but just not widely available

Originally posted by jaqattack02 View Post
          With 87+ RCAs the Z32 calipers are bolt on, but you lose your ebrake, if that matters. For those that care, the STi rear Brembos also bolt on.
          In the past I would have not cared about this but I have lost brakes twice in vehicles (not the Z) and the ebrake is something I must have. Would be nice to retain the factory caliper for the ebrake and z32 for working brake.
          86na - BlueZ
          Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
          85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Originally posted by adamvann3 View Post
            In the past I would have not cared about this but I have lost brakes twice in vehicles (not the Z) and the ebrake is something I must have. Would be nice to retain the factory caliper for the ebrake and z32 for working brake.
            It doesn't keep the factory caliper. It adds a drum style ebrake like the Z32 uses. The M30 has a similar ebrake system to the Z32, and RCAs similar to the Z31. For someone that is running coils already, they could just grab an entire M30/R31 RCA and bolt it in place of the Z31. They would just need to swap hubs as I believe the M30 is 4 lug, but it uses coils very similar to the S13. In my case, since I'm not using coils, you can unbolt the entire backing plate with the ebrake assembly, and bolt it onto the Z31 RCA, as 2 of the 4 bolt holes match up, then you just have to drill and tap the other 2. I haven't actually done it yet, but I have all the parts. Planning to take lots of pictures and do a write up once I have time to actually do it.

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

To be honest, I'm not positive which pads I have, I forgot! I have to pull one out and look at the number...

however, they feel very streetable for the most part...after some aggressive braking they feel a little "grindy" almost like metal on metal...which I've always found a little unusual.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I get a chance to look at them.

But (assuming I have BP-20's) rather than downgrade the fronts...wouldn't I rather upgrade the rears?
              What's up man....Old post I know....lol
              What did you finally do about the front and rear brake pads? I have to get back to my Z. It's been a while since I showed her some love.
              Shiro #443

Comment

Working...
              X