Roll bar/cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll bar/cage

I am looking into getting I full roll cage or a 4 point roll bar (like signal12 car). Dose any one have a good source for them?? I can get a roll bar for about 600 + shipping (you don’t want to know what the cage will cost)…. Dose any one know where I can get one cheaper??
    352whp @ 24psi 427.1whp @24psi with Nitrous
    Yes I have raced my Z on the Daytona international speed way.
    Yes I did use nitrous.
    Yes I know how cool that is.

Parts list available upon request :twisted:
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

http://www.swracecars.com/shopdisplaypr ... n%2FNissan

they have a roll bar too btw.

Comment

300!!!!! wow i love you (in a non fag kind of way)..... that is what i am buying!!! :-D :-D
      Yes I did use nitrous.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

Comment

S&W Needs Welding. cutting and notching done. its basically the main hoop for a z31 then the rest are generic pre bent pipes.

Other than that its great!
        Praying....

Comment

what do you mean by welding??? the guy on the phone told me it come together and ready to bole or weld in the car?? is this not true???
          Yes I did use nitrous.

Comment

Yes there is cutting, welding, notching, etc. You will have to strip your interior and get rid of your sound deadening cause that shit catches fire like crazy. With the high horsepower you are shooting for, you would want a weld rollcage anyway. I have an 8 point from S&W. Lots of work putting it in but I am really happy with it. Won't put a cage in any other car that I have though.
            2005 Mini Cooper S- weekend warrior and track toy
            1984 Nissan 300ZX slicktop- blew motor, going to sit till after college
            1983 Datsun 280ZX- daily driver, being restored, small mods.

Comment

what i am asking is.... will the cage come to me as a cage or a bunch of precutt bars i have to weld together??
              Yes I did use nitrous.

Comment

Nissan_Nick wrote: what i am asking is.... will the cage come to me as a cage or a bunch of precutt bars i have to weld together??
                Probably. That's probably why it comes so cheap, they don't have to pay someone and have a shop to weld it all up. And if you don't have to weld, you will probably still have to bolt it together.

Reguardless of what cage you buy, some assembly will be required. Otherwise it wouldn't fit in the car...
                Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Comment

There is the main hoop and a bunch of notched bars. Some of the bars you have to do some cutting. Some you don't, depending on how and where you put them in the car. It also comes with I think six 6 by 6 plates that you have to put under most the mounting points. You have to cut and weld the plates to the floor and then weld the bar to the plate. You can't bolt this together. So if you are uncomfortable with a welder, don't do it. I'll be honest, I have welded through the car a few times putting it in and the car caught fire multiple times where I had to run for the hose. I believe Satan has the 10 point if I am not mistaken. Send him a PM. I think he welded the main hoop to the roof. I just welded to the floor.
                  2005 Mini Cooper S- weekend warrior and track toy
                  1984 Nissan 300ZX slicktop- blew motor, going to sit till after college
                  1983 Datsun 280ZX- daily driver, being restored, small mods.

Comment

Yes, I ended up catching the car on fire many times also. The coating under the car is what catches on fire when you are welding the plates to the floor. Not a big deal, just keep a spray bottle with you to put them out occasionally :-D

And yes I did do the full cage, did weld it to the roof and to the A-pillars and yes it is a pain in the ass to do. Also, make sure you weld those plates in to the floor of the car wherever a bar runs to the floor. They are there so the bar does not pierce the car like a syringe during an accident. If that were to happen, it would make the cage more of a death trap than a protection device.

Link with pics of my cage.

http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... as+it+sits
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X