New stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stuff

So some local asian college student who bought some wheels off of a friend who bought them off of a friend sold his car and got a scion tc and needed to sell these old things.

Any idea if they will slap on :?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

take one wheel off and try, i mean there 5 bolt if you have a n/a go for trying it anyway,

Comment

Try them?

Comment

Are those maxima wheels? If so the offset is too high, you would need some big adapters.

Comment

They are off of a 350z, and they are staggered :shock: 225 in front and 245 in back. OMG my car is a really car now.

Comment

monster truck ground clearance!

they do look nice though

Comment

his rocker panel looks like it was crushed on a curb....

obviously he needs monster truck tires with his driving style
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah, hard to tell from the pics.

You need to burn those up and put some better rubber on there :-D

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Ah, hard to tell from the pics.

You need to burn those up and put some better rubber on there :-D
                  well, his old setup was 86T rims, SP8000s front BFG G-force Sports rear 225/50

the Z33 rims have Bridgestone RE040s on them, which isn't that bad, def better than the Kumhos but maybe not as good as the BFGs

Comment

I heard the g-force sport was a lower end tire and it's just a name.... the kd and it's predecessors are much better supposedly

my current 15x7 asa rims have comp t/a's on em, but two are kinda bald, and one has a bit of heat damage from the engine fire .... the car it came from

but seeing as I can't afford good brand new 245 tires for the 16x8 enkei's I'm gonna pick up some used ones for the asa's.... but I'll find out the price difference for the 87t rims

Comment

well the Sports have more than enough grip for stock NA suspension

the old tires on the 86T wheels weren't bad either, Dunlop SP8000s, but those were pretty worn out in back

Comment

My MR2 had some Dunlop SP8000's on when I bought it. They handled pretty well but I switched over to BFGoodrich KDW's... those things are incredible. They are incredibly in the wet and totally out handled the 8000's in the dry.

I'll probably try BFG's KD's on the Z when its done. I'm so happy with the KDW's though that I wouldn't have a problem putting those on either.

Comment

MachZ wrote: My MR2 had some Dunlop SP8000's on when I bought it. They handled pretty well but I switched over to BFGoodrich KDW's... those things are incredible. They are incredibly in the wet and totally out handled the 8000's in the dry.

I'll probably try BFG's KD's on the Z when its done. I'm so happy with the KDW's though that I wouldn't have a problem putting those on either.
                          9/10 autocrossers agree that the KDW's are simply outstanding. They are the only other "street" tire I have liked more than the Ecsta MX (which is outstanding in all conditions) or the Azenis' (which are nice in the dry until they get a lot of heat in them). I have not run KD's but I imagine it can only get better. They have one hell of a compound there, if only it was as comfortable as the MX on the street and a little cheaper I would probably put a set on the Z when the time comes next year.

Still, I look at tires starting from a grip standpoint as starting with the V710 and going down from there. If you've never driven on race compound tires then you really don't have much of a basis for comparison. Either way, for the street I will never put anything worse than about the level of an ES100 on any of my Z's. I've never been impressed with the RE040, though I really like the RE050A PP.

Look at me though, I put performance tires on anything and everything... even have RE750's on my GTP for all three months I drive it before snowfall and then switch to the yoko snows....

Comment

well, i gained at least 5mph into the corners....monster trucken it. Can't really beat the bang for the buck.

Comment

Working...
                            X