Rear end drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end drop

My rear end drops quite a bit when is put in drive (im assuming due to torgue) how do i combat this?

You could install stiffer rear springs or a stiffer shock dampener, but I'm curious why you think this is an issue? My 88 auto has always done this to some extent with no ill effect.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

• What in the Z
      What in the Z commented
      Editing a comment
      My z has a 351 windsor in it. Im not talking about a little squat here!

Is someone really complaining about Z butt squat?!? That should be ban worthy lol.

Comment

I dont think u quite understand the situation bates

Comment

My VG33E-T used to butt squat so hard I felt like I was rocketing to the moon. I loved it. Z butt is legit my favorite thing about the Zs. My S30s and Z31s all had it and it just makes me smile every time.

Comment

• What in the Z
          What in the Z commented
          Editing a comment
          If i hit the gas at anything more than granny speeds i bottom the car out. I love it as well but not when its damaging my car.

That makes more sense.... Definitely different shock dampeners that will resist the movement, wheelie bars, stiffer springs. Something like that should help. Weld the rear suspension so it cant compress? (JK!)
        --------------
        Legal stuff:
        **Nissan Employee**
        Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
        '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
        '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
        '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
        '00 Corolla-- kids car.
        '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

I was thinking along with the shocks being upgraded getting tires with a larger diameter for the rears only.

Comment

Oh you are bottoming out. That’s different. You don’t want that. That’s too much butt squat. Never thought I would ever say that. Lol.

Comment

Yea. We changed the trans out too so speed bumps are a no go atm as well.

Comment

Its a shitty issue....can smoke the tires while doing 50...gotta drive like grandma till i get this delt with

Comment

your rear subframe bushings are rotted, your rear differential mount is also likely rotted, there's a high chance your transmission mount + support bushings are also rotten.

if they are, when you shift into a gear - even in neutral, you will hear a CLUNK.

Dont waste your time going bushing by bushing - get the full polyurethane kit and equip the entire vehicle. Best investment by far.

replaced those bushings
                  Last edited by 88sinZ; 06-06-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

No clunks or crunching and no rubbing when driving either. Ishould add that when i shift into reverse the rear end raises up a good inch 1/2 at least.

Comment

I think this is a common effect on RWD cars when the weight is transferred to the rear of the car on acceleration. I've seen 240Z's with enough power do it too. As others have said, stiffer springs and upgraded bushings may help. After all, the bushings in most of these cars have never been changed.

Comment

• What in the Z
                        What in the Z commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Any suggestions springs?

Unless you do a full coilover setup I don't know that there are other options from Eibach. I have had those on my car since 1990 and they have been great. 1/2" lowering so not huge lowering but overall they are very well made and as you can guess will be the last springs you will ever need to buy.

Comment

You can have custom springs made with whatever spring rate you want.

You could also go to a u-pull-it and try to match something up.

Are your springs original? I put a set of AC Delco 45H3105 replacement springs on the back of my 87Z to get rid of the squat. Amazon is showing them and Moog CC263 springs. Check the fitment for your Z. They are like $50-60 a set, sometimes cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                        X