Dan-tss...custom springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan-tss...custom springs?

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything from Dan relating to his "secret" springs project. Any details would be awesome. Stock ride height? Spring strength? Color?
    It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

I got the overall message something like many sets coming, slightly stiffer than ss springs, very little ride height drop

in other words what most ppl want

Comment

I really don't have time to be pounded with answering e-mail after e-mail...so here's the low down, why it's being done this way...
      -I am having custom drop in replacement springs currently being engineered/manufactured to the following specs.
      *TSS Rear Race Springs will have the same load/ride height as the 88SS but with a 45% increase in the spring rate(324lbs./in.)
      *TSS Front Race Springs will have a 1/2" lowered stance and a 45% increase in spring rate when compared to the 88SS front springs(300lbs./in.)
      -These springs are the next best thing to a custom coil over set-up and will give your z the slight raked look and will be best if the Illuminas are used to dial in the desired effect.

I have authorized the engineering/production of the rears 2.5 weeks ago. These springs are still in testing for durability before production by the manufacture. I have three of the first batch order of 5 sets claimed with deposits. The price has been given as a maximum of $199.95 per rear pair by the manufacture, as the final price will depend on what the engineering dept. finds with the testing of the design. WHEN THIS WAS INITIATED, THEY ANTICIPATED THAT IT WOULD BE 2.5-3WEEKS O PRODUCTION OF THE FINAL VERSION. We are now at week three....so hopefully soon I'll be giving all the final information.
      The fronts are going to be authorized for engineering when I feel comfortable that I can find a few more people that want to make deposits and can understand the pressure I'm under right now with "project'88t". I need buyers with patience and understanding, as the ball is in the manufactures court. It is thier warranty, thier design, my specs. They want to be sure of what they are producing...and we all want a quality product....so, Patience(and I need to get a car through paint and assembled for '06 ZCCA TEXAS).
      ^^^If you want in on one of the remaining two sets of rears...commit by contacting me by e-mail....same for the fronts.
      I'll disclose the maximum manufacture quoted price of the fronts if I find people are wanting these immediatley and we'll ride the excitement until I am notified that the rears are on thier way.
      Dan
      I am here to help...

Comment

UPDATE!
        *All five pairs of the rears are now claimed with deposits.
        **People step up and I'll speed up the process for the fronts...more detials coming.
        I am here to help...

Comment

Dan, are you sure you want to go with a 1/2 inch rake? That's extremely agressive if I remember corretly. Even on my coilover'ed car (I chose slightly stiffer rates) I only used 1/4" rake. Also got 50/50 distribution with that in my car.
          Just in case you're wondering, I'm Pylon_Boy

I'm moving out of the country. Buy my tools, cars, car parts, ect.
          http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpylon_boyQQhtZ-1

Comment

Little Bunny Foo Foo wrote: Dan, are you sure you want to go with a 1/2 inch rake? That's extremely agressive if I remember corretly. Even on my coilover'ed car (I chose slightly stiffer rates) I only used 1/4" rake. Also got 50/50 distribution with that in my car.
            Hell, I would be happy with 1/2" of rake. I am at about 2" now and really want those front springs but with NA strut tubes I cant run the Illumina shocks and I'm not sure if the Tokico Blues are enough for that much spring rate.
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

there's always koni, or re-valved kyb

Comment

G-E wrote: there's always koni, or re-valved kyb
                I just hate to toss perfectly good Tokico blues with only 2500 miles on them but that may be what happens. :?
                Performance costs money.

Comment

z31.com 4sale... I have a perfectly good set of regular no-name non-adjustable rear shocks sitting here, and when I mean perfect I mean brand new

I posted but no one wanted... however tokico might go simply for the name

Comment

I have a set of the discontinued front NA illuminas I might be willing to part with, for the right price.

If you knew what I had to go through to get them. I am pretty sure they are un-obtainable at this point in time.

Comment

8) Update!>>>These are readily avail. now and in stock.
                      *These springs have been engineered based off from the '88SS springs, and designed to these more aggressive specs listed.
                      **I am keeping these in stock in batches of 5 on a continual basis to the best of my ability....these springs are the "in between" upgrade when comparing the '88SS oem springs option and custom coil overs.

^^Currently in stock is 4 sets of front springs.
                      Specs:
                      1/2" lowered stance, 300lbs./in. spring rate

^^Currently in stock is 1 set of the rears.
                      Specs:
                      std. '88SS ride height, 324lbs./in spring rate

http://www.thespecshop.com/store.asp?viewall=True
                      I am here to help...

Comment

Based on your professional opinion will the front springs give me back any clearance over the Tokico fronts I have now? The Tokico's are dang low...too low for my taste.

I have STs in the rear, (the deal NorcalZman and I worked out with you last winter)

Any thoughts about the 300lb fronts being over-matched for the ST rears?

A stiff ride doesn't bother me. This car is my toy, I want it to feel and perform like a play car. Handling is the most important factor to me. 8)
                        Performance costs money.

Comment

if the rear doesn't squat too much with the st springs then leave them, the front on the other hand could use a bump in strength for hard cornering if you don't have a large swaybar.... but that all depends on your driving

Comment

^I am very happy with the rear, springs and poly mounts, but the Tokico fronts are very low. I'm not real happy about the look or the occasional rubbing when I am driving hard through corners or just have to deal with a harsh bump on city streets or curbed entrances. :?

I would actually rather spend money on the front springs...again...over fixing the rear camber at this point. But, I will probably do both. hint hint :wink:
                            Performance costs money.

Comment

Working...
                            X