G35 vs 300ZX wheel lug nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G35 vs 300ZX wheel lug nuts

My G35 wheels arrived today. Is it safe to use the stock Z lug nuts or should I use switch to the G35 ones. Does anyone know the difference between them? The Z nuts seem to work but do not screw down as far on the G35 wheels as they do on the stock Turbo wheels. Keep in mind I plan to buy a good set of spacers from the TSS. Any response out there is welcome.

ZISSAN wrote: My G35 wheels arrived today. Is it safe to use the stock Z lug nuts or should I use switch to the G35 ones. Does anyone know the difference between them? The Z nuts seem to work but do not screw down as far on the G35 wheels as they do on the stock Turbo wheels. Keep in mind I plan to buy a good set of spacers from the TSS. Any response out there is welcome.

The Z lug nuts are fine, BUT you're going to need some longer wheel studs. With the added depth of the spacers and the new design of the wheel, your stock wheel studs simply are too short.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

FlawleZ wrote: The Z lug nuts are fine, BUT you're going to need some longer wheel studs. With the added depth of the spacers and the new design of the wheel, your stock wheel studs simply are too short.
      I think he means wheel adapters, not spacers.

Comment

Correction Wheel adapters

What are the differences though. I requested a set of 25mm from TSS. Should I be more specific with my request?

Comment

I guess I'm confused? Are you getting spacers or wheel adapters? If you're getting wheel adapters with 25mm wheel studs, you should be fine.
          Originally posted by Andrew84zx
          tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
          545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Re: Correction Wheel adapters

ZISSAN wrote: What are the differences though. I requested a set of 25mm from TSS. Should I be more specific with my request?
            I would be suprised if there were such things as 1" spacers. Adapters usually bolt onto the hub and have another set of studs on them that the wheels bolt onto. Hence, they can "adapt" different wheels to fit your car.

Comment

I had to go with the conical lug for my 350 z wheels

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

adapters typically don't have giant studs, you'd still be in the same situation as now just further out, use the g35 lugs

Comment

Im running the exact same wheels and have been for almost a year. Im not using any spacers at all and spline drive lugnuts (for those who may not know...its a normal conical seat where you need a key to go over the lugnut...hence "spline drive"
                  You can use regular acorn seat lugnuts from the auto parts store or you can even grab some e/t style lugs with a lugcentric shank, which isnt really needed since the wheel is hubcentric anyways.

long and short...as long as you have a 60 degree conical seat lugnut (almost every lugnut in existence besides for mercedes, bmw, porsche, volkswagen) then you are good brotha....... :idea:
                  Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

like if you have a bunch of spare tire lug nuts :wink:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Yeah....the adapters I'm selling him have everything he needs, including the lug nuts.
                      *All you do is...(haha)
                      Remove the stock wheel.
                      Put on the adapter using the origninal lug nuts.
                      Put the G35 wheel on the adapter and secure it with the new lug nuts that come with the adapters.
                      Wheeeeee!
                      8)
                      I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                      X