Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with G35 coupe front Wheel fitment on a Z31.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G35 coupe front Wheel fitment on a Z31.

On recommendation from Dan from TSS I test fitted a front G35 wheel. It fit great but unfortunately the center cap popped out because the wheel hub extended approximately .75 to 1 inch in front of the wheel. I will have to wait to see if a 25mm adapter will fix the problem.

For those who have installed these wheels. How did you overcome this problem?

Paint the dust cap to match the wheel, and it will look fine. Otherwise, spacers and longer studs or adapters to move the wheel out far enough to fit a cap, and I am not sure if there is enough room under the fender for an 84-85.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Yup, glad I spoke with you on the phone about doing that.....
      My remedy would be to do this:
      *Using a ball peen hammer, indent the center of the bearing cap to gain approx 1/4".(with the wheel removed of course)
      **Use the 5/8" adapters I have for the fronts.

^^This will put the wheels in nice formation on the car....(1" adapters in rear and 5/8" up front)
      I love the look of the Z31 with two different offsets....looks mean sitting still.
      8)
      Dan
      I am here to help...

Comment

Comment

Those are the rims that i want

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

zmech-

That really does look nice. That is just one sexy looking car.

I agree with Dan, the staggered offset looks great on these cars especially when done with nice wheels.
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

z

Comment

Dam dude, wtf

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

zmech wrote:
                  Thanks. I went out for a great drive last Sunday with some friends and drove the right front into a curb. Boy I was pissed at myself. Did not damage the rim too badly but it sure screwed the suspension stuff. Had to replace the lower control arm and the tension rod bracket. Bent both of them. Gave me an excuse to get the urethane parts into the control arm and tension rod though....
                  Zmech
                  Shit happens. I very nearly slid into a curb with the rear end a couple days ago. I meant to do a bit of a slide, but when the slushbox downshifted the car went WAY wide. I ended up doing an impromptu 180. I realized after the fact that there was a transition to some brand new pavement. The new pavement is weird, very slick like it's wet. Even my NA auto would ark um up on this stuff. (Obviously I make sure nobody else is around before doing anything this admittantly dumb. It was an unfinished culdasac with no buildings on it yet)
                  My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                  My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                  207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

zmech, Your Z31 its a BADASS 300ZX AE. It looks very sexy. Damn!!

The rear wheels have more width, right? 18x9.5?
                    84' 300ZX 2+2 NA (Hardtop)

Comment

wheels

z

Comment

I'll be honest as I fukin can't stand being in the company of liars.

The G35 wheels are WAY to big for a Z31 IMVHO. Even with proper lowering they're still just to big for the inherint design. My G35 coupe wheel wells where so big I could have put 22's and they wouldn't have looked to big.

When your wheels are to big for your stock wheel wells your car turns into a roller skate.

All that said, Damn that's a sexy Silver Z31 Zmech! Kuddos. Nice ass score on the tires too...damn! You can barely get one new truck tire nowdays for 120bucks.

The Sexiest Z31 I've ever seen is owned by a Tuner in San Diego named DaZman or some shite. He's got an insanely black 86 black out with black 17" volks. 1" seems to make a big difference.

Peace
                        Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

I don't think liars is the word you were looking for.
                          Attached Files
                          It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Working...
                          X