flatspotted tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flatspotted tires

*%$*%*$*%^&%!!!! I let my Z sit for about 5 months and now on the highway it wants to JUMP off the road. These are brand new yokohamas. Do you think that this problem will drive off the more i break them in or should i buy a new set of tires?
    Funny stories!

try inflating them correctly

and do some burnouts to get some heat in them

Comment

werd i'll find a nice parking lot and do some drifting.
      Funny stories!

Comment

A few heat cycles will tend to make them come back a little.

Also, if you have access to a balancer you should recheck them. Sometimes the balance will go out as a tire wears.

Comment

we flatspotted a set bad on a rental Mini-S in vegas. Something about large e-brake burnouts...

really bad "thumps" and a bit of hopping... I could see the spots in the tires.

had them rotated at a tire shop, took it behind a nearby business, and burned them off a good bit... mostly to heat them, and try to take the edges off so that they're more round for the return. Wasn't perfect, but was QUITE a bit bitter.

btw, vegas locals LOVE it when you're assing a rental around. ;D Free rotation, thumbs up from anybody who saw it.
          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

It should go away. Overinflate them for a while, and do some "fun" driving including hard cornering. I have had tires sitting longer than that return to normal.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

how much should I overinflate them? I beat the shit out of them today and it was to no avail.
              Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: how much should I overinflate them? I beat the shit out of them today and it was to no avail.
                Try about 10psi over normal and then get the tires hot. Be sure to return to normal pressure afterwards.
                Chuck Stong
                300+ Parts and Performance owner
                http://www.300-plus.com
                2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Yeah I had 2 Yokohama's that had pretty bad flat spots. Some tard (previous owner) decided to burn out excessively then stop dead and the tires cooled to a nice flat spot. I just burned them some and drove around a little while with roughly stock tire pressure and after ~a month or so I seem to have extinguished any signs of flat spots.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Working...
                  X