Interior pieces available for 3D printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior pieces available for 3D printing

I've begun to model some the the misc interior pieces with the goal of replicating them
    with a 3D printer, for anyone to print. Feel free to share your ideas/designs/prints.

Other people that share a interest in Datsuns and printing parts for them:

Thingverse Datsun Makers Group

Facebook Datsun Makers Group

As of now, the catalog i've done is small, but will grow as time allows.

Front tonneau retaining clip: 79918E

This is a reinforced version of the original part. This was originally posted Here

Available for download here

Other members have printed their own as well:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...l=1#post374525
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...l=1#post374988

Front Parcel Shelf shaft, and clip (79910R & 79910E)

Available for download:

Clip

Pin

I have not yet tried printing these, only modeled them on the originals.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I was also thinking this could use a separate thread. I have updated the models because the ones I shared at first were scaled wrong. Here they are. They all turned out to be printable, but I ordered them so I don't know all of the specifics. Parts need drilling for screw holes.

Photos of printed parts alongside the original one I have left. I sanded one part, still needs painting. I only needed that one part, I got the other ones for testing. The others are as they came out.
    20151025_092236.jpg20151025_092445.jpg
    The black printed part looks nice but it's only partly filled so quite brittle.

Comment

Nice effort and this needs to be done. I bought up a bunch of all of the various parcel shelf pieces (including these) in black for my AE. Still have them all. Now, I just need to get rid of them......

Greg

Comment

Fascinating we live in

Comment

Reinforced prototype printed with black PETG, but the center clip broke between two layers when the mating pin was slid in from the top.
          The tab that is fastened to the tower can also be made 2mm thicker to reduce flexibility. This was printed with a 25% infill so it's not solid.
          Still playing around with the design.

Comment

you ever get these 3d parts finalized yet??
            I managed to break the ones for the privacy shield and the ones on the end of the cargo shelf where it mounts to the side of the body.
            Life's short
            Go fast
            Have a blast
            Leave a good looking corpse

Comment

Unfortunately, not yet. I purchased some nylon filament to try out. I also gave the design to a coworker to try but his printer is down for upgrades.
              I did find that he PETG is too brittle and when the pin for the parcel shelf was pushed downward into the holder, it fractured,
              hence trying the nylon as it is more flexible. The front tonneau retaining clips are still holding up well.

Comment

I think the last part you posted, the clip, should get a slightly different design. I have made some other 3D printed objects with tabs like that and they don't work too well with that direction of layers. The layers break apart too easily. If the tab was made from layers along the current vertical axis, it would be stronger. However, that would be hard to print so it's probably better to just change the design.

Comment

Exactly. Layer adhesion was good, but still fractured.
                  I think layering on the vertical axis would create a shear point at the tab that extends from the back and mounts to the chassis.
                  I had also considered tilting the piece but thought the support structure necessary would be as much material as the part itself, as it already is pretty significant.

Yeah, a redesign with a simpler interface, Possibly a wedge...possibly Legos

Comment

nice work. the black printed part looks great and the idea of interior piece in 3D printing is quite new . Good job
                    Stratasys FDM Technology is flexible and durable enough for manufacturing 3D printed car parts. We can help automotive manufacturers build durable, precise prototypes.

Comment

My buddy in Alaska told me about 3D printing about a year ago. I didn't know what the possibilities were with 3D printers until now. Pretty amazing. I just finished scouring for a replacement glove box to fix the broken lock the previous owner broke. Wish we had one of them right now. That would have saved me a lot of time hunting haha.

Comment

Has there been any progress on this? It would be awesome if this was an option for some of the parts in our cars.

Comment

Not really. I did see that someone (not me) is selling these now on Ebay that have been 3D printed.
                          My intention was never to sell them, but put the models out there for free. My interior has been in a state
                          of disassembly while i trace down water leaks so i don't have any good data on designs/materials.

Comment

Working...
                          X