Passenger window keeps detaching from scissor lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger window keeps detaching from scissor lift

I recently purchased my Z and fairly early on I noticed a noise and some water coming into my car via the passenger side window. I've taken the door apart and noticed that the glass has two holes where an L shaped plastic part (I believe it is part 80300) holds the window to the to the scissor lift. The rear one wasn't in it's hole in the glass resulting in the window not being fully up when closed. I put it back in tighten the screw and the problem was fixed until, it popped back out a few days later.

I would like to stop this from popping out so I don't have to take my door apart once a week to correct this issue. Has this happened to anyone or any advice on how to solve this problem?

Im not familiar with this interface, but should the l-shaped bracket attach to the window either with adhesive, press-fit or a fastener? Can you take a photo? Perhaps the correct epoxy can fix this?

Comment

So this is the "l-shaped bracket" A screw goes into this piece while, it is inserted into the lift and the the window. The screw is suppose to expand the hump on the L piece which keeps the window secured to the lift while the window goes up and down. I actually grabbed this from a parts car and it seemed as if there was a clear residue on the window and the L piece which leads me to believe you are correct about an epoxy.

I have some clear silicone handy do you think that would do the job? I also purchased some screws that are a bit thicker just in case the L piece isn't being expanded enough.

Comment

Working...
      X