No announcement yet.

Dash Protection in The Form of a Cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Protection in The Form of a Cover?

I know this has been covered before in the past, I was searching the forum and saw some pretty old posts. My dash is cracked very badly, it only happened this year. From not a crack to completely destroyed. The friend that I turned the black 86 that was rusted out hooked me up with the dash. I have injected epoxy in some of the obvious spots that would crack and or were separating. I am installing the new dash tonight, my question is what is everyone using for dash protection? Just a sunshade? or a full dash cover? or something else that offers UV protection. Thanks

I’ve got on a carpet dash cover, changes the look of the dash but it looks better than looking at a crappy dash, I think it looks cool anyways
    '85 2+0 Turbo

Comment

keep your car out of the sun, if you can. get a sunshade for the windshield. theZstore offers a very nice UV sun shade that is custom fit for your Z (not the universal type). it is a bit more expensive but its good quality and it will last. for dash covers, I use velour dash carpet matts from www.dashdesigns.com -- good quality, made to fit. another thing you can do is get the hard full face dash cover from theZstore. window tint also helps.

fortunately for me, my two Z31's had a perfect dash and even in this condition, I still follow the advice above to ensure they stay that way.... and I live in an extremely hot and sunny climate out here in the middle east. again the best thing you can do is keep your Z out of the sun as much as possible.

Bon

Comment

You can always get one of these

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/P...c08d04/50-2044

Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
        85 Turbo, original owner, restored
        93 NA Babied

Comment

Thanks for the info, I like the hard dash cover, it's permanent though, not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

I’ve read posts here that say the permanent dash covers do not adhere well if the dash is already badly damaged. And even when the dash is installed right, over time it peels up. Only reason I didn’t get one. Pick your poison.
            '85 2+0 Turbo

Comment

Find a full decent one and just replace it. My 84' is in pretty good shape but I had a dashcover on it for years, the company that makes them was in PHX when I was living there so they did the install and used too much of that 2x tape. I had it removed about 10 years ago now that I don't have constant exposure to the sun and the car mostly sits in garage.

This guy probably has one

http://www.300zxpartsforyou.com/

Comment

Working...
              X