Windshield and moulding replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield and moulding replacement

Hello, I have a 1984 Z31. I was wondering if I am able to replace the windshield with just a replacement moulding (without the white clips and chrome pieces) or do those have a significant purpose...any help would be greatly appreciated!

The clips and chrome are cosmetic only.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

There are also two parts to the oem windshield installation, a liner/spacer that holds the clips and a outer rubber seal.

Awhile back a few forum members had their windshields replaced using a universal rubber seal that replaced all the nissan stuff with a smooth modern looking rubber seal.

I can't find the thread now, but it looked pretty good.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

My parts car has the universal rubber around the windshield. It looks like it was trapping water between the seal and the body and now there's a few pinholes in the roof under the seal. I'm thinking about just filling the gap on my restoration with urethane and leaving all the fancy crap off.
        --------------
        Legal stuff:
        **Nissan Employee**

not legal stuff:
        '00 Corolla-- kids car.

Comment

**Nissan Employee**
          CYA... Smart

Comment

• mwolvinm
            mwolvinm commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL. That legal stuff in my sig is due to an HR requirement for social media... It definitely doesn't mean I know anything.

Originally posted by mwolvinm View Post
          My parts car has the universal rubber around the windshield. It looks like it was trapping water between the seal and the body and now there's a few pinholes in the roof under the seal. I'm thinking about just filling the gap on my restoration with urethane and leaving all the fancy crap off.
          Did you ever finish that? I'm a month or 2 from putting my windshield back in.. Contemplating my options.
          Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

Comment

Not yet. The car is still in primer waiting on me to buy paint and the weather to warm a bit. Although, if it keeps raining like it has been, I'll be converting the Z to a duck so I can get to work.
            --------------
            Legal stuff:
            **Nissan Employee**

not legal stuff:
            '00 Corolla-- kids car.

Comment

Working...
            X