Passenger window help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger window help please!

Need help ASAP!! My passenger side window is down half way and wont go up or down. Ive tried using both the driver and passenger side switches but still nothing. The drivers side still works perfectly fine. I also dont hear the passenger side motor at all when either switches are pressed. Would the entire assembly have to be replaced or is there another option i can explore? Any help is really appreciated. Sorry also is there any way i can manually roll the window up for now? Thank you!

The rocker switches can develop corrosion on the contacts which will keep them from working. They can be disassembled and cleaned but you kinda need to know what you are doing. You could probably find a youtube video that would point you in the right direction.

You could try removing the door panel and plugging in another switch from a different Z and see if that works. I've had switches fail before, but not both sides at the same time.

It's also possible that the window is not sliding freely in the tracks anymore and the motor has failed/stopped due to the added drag. Manual raising and lowering is not possible without removing the glass from the mechanism. I had a situation where the liner in the window track detached and wedged the window in place. The motor will not free it because it cannot overcome the added resistance and thinks the window must be at the top or bottom of travel. There are no end-stops, just motor torque.

Try simultaneously pulling up/pressing down on the glass while working the switch. Maybe you can get something to make contact (switch contacts or motor brushes) and get it to move.
    Last edited by Z_Karma; 10-03-2019, 04:43 PM.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

• RainyCityZ
      RainyCityZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay. Thank you for the help.

If both switches are not working it is either the motor or the regulator or both of those. My regulator is nearly dead as is the motor I plan to swap out both this month when my car goes to Z-Expert in Los Angeles for some R&R.

Comment

It could be a harness issue or a switch that's become disconnected somehow. My passenger side window won't go up or down if I disconnect either switch.
      --------------
      Legal stuff:
      **Nissan Employee**
      Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
      '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
      '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
      '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
      '00 Corolla-- kids car.
      '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Working...
      X