Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to bare metal

Well its too cold to work on it toay so how about some pics

Paint was looking harsh.. And she had seen many a paint booths in her time..

Decided the side marker lights look better on my horse trailer then on my z.. They got to go.

Gone

Speaking of gone

Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

I've heard stripping is a thankless job.

Can you tell me about the 4 post lift? Been seriously looking at getting one for my garage, to the point of modeling it.
    Which did you go with?

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

It's a "direct lift" bought it used from a buddie... It makes working on the car unbelievably easier... It came with a solid oil pan thing, i use that with a couple bottle Jack's when it's time to pull wheels off. I did accidentally break the hydraulic fitting off that sticks out up there by the front drivers wheel.

If you buy used one like mine bring lots of friends that owe you big time... The left side runner has the hydraulic piston in it and weighs slightly more then an aircraft carrier.

At first i was wanting a 2 post but I'm extremely happy with the 4 post.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• mwolvinm
        mwolvinm commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to read that a few times... something about "bottle" and "Jack" being right next to each other made me thirsty.

It was either that or i Jimmy a beam across there to help lift.

Comment

• mwolvinm
        mwolvinm commented
        Editing a comment
        Stop it--- I may have to stop and visit Jim, Jack, or Evan this evening!!!

I have a ton more pics to share.. Anyone know a good pic hosting site... Photo bucket is garbage now.

Comment

• Z_Karma
        Z_Karma commented
        Editing a comment
        You can always upload them here, it's a bit cumbersome and it's bugged, in that the first time you try and "send it to the server" it fails, but works on the second try and it's limited to 5 images per post (edit: increased to 10 images).

You can use imgur and hotlink the images still. But the trick to it is that after you upload an image to imgur (either a created acct or with no acct) right click the image and select the option "open image in new tab" Then go to that tab and use that URL for linking, that way it will display the image, free of the link or redirect back to imgur.

i think the images that are uploaded are resized or optimized in the forum settings somewhere, but as a habit i always use Irvanview to batch edit a folder of images i want to upload here and resize/optimize them before uploading (1600*1200 and 80% typically) this helps save server space and makes for faster loading.

Getting closer

Comment

Agreed, that looks like your making progress

Comment

Finally made it into the paint booth!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Getting closer gotta feel good, keep posting!

Comment

I'm not dead.. trying to get car done by end of May, for the summer driving season.

Comment

Ohh yea.. can anyone post a Pic how this rear lock assembly is supposed to go together....

Comment

Love the color, funny if that original red had been that color when I bought mine in 1984 I may have gone with it, I was looking for fire-engine red and 84's red wasn't thus i went with maroon. Looks great, I love you tag line that Nissan had it right 30 years ago, for me it was 38 years ago January when I saw a new Z in the showroom as I drove by and banged a U-turn to fall immediately in love with the car.

Comment

Thanks man, yea love the red, funny thing is my wife and I looked at the 1000s of red color swatches at the paint shop, and picked the one we liked... turns out it was a Nissan 350z red.... which made it even better... yea I definitely wanted a new red the original "Aztec red" the Z was looked way too orange to me.

Maybe its time to update the tag line, it's been on there for probably a decade.

Comment

Working...
                        X